Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > more garbage , wth is this crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 194 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
DeWity Co Sheriff is meeting with the States attorney next week to put a ccw in place for DeWitt Co.
A lot of surrounding counties are following this alsov
The ship's hull rivets are starting to pop. Don't think Quinn can hold off for much longer.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #112
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Sadly we can't recall the AG in this state. That's where I'd start.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 06-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

More from ISRA today. Although I'm not sure where they are getting the gun licensing and registration from.

URGENT ALERT – ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

YOUR ACTION REQUIRED

For the past 6 months or so, law-abiding gun owners like you have been the targets of an intense campaign of vilification, slander and misrepresentation from the likes of Obama, Biden, Bloomberg, Simon and Quinn. The gun grabbers have blamed you for mass murders, terrorist attacks on movie theaters and malls, and even the bombing of the Boston Marathon.

And now, the anti-gunners are trying to hijack concealed carry legislation and transform it into a massive gun control scheme that will result in the banning and confiscation of most of the guns you own. Wait, but that’s not all. . . the gun-haters’ plan for concealed carry also includes licensing, registration and the surrender of your privacy – whether you apply for a permit or not.

As a law-abiding gun owner you should be sick and tired of all this nonsense. It’s time for all of you to stand up and declare, “. . .enough is enough!” It’s time to confront the gun grabbers and force them to stand down from their attacks on your constitutional rights.

You will have several opportunities this week to go and snatch your rights back from those who would toss your guns into the furnace if they had a chance. Several suburbs are considering bans on semiautomatic target rifles, pistols and shotguns. If passed, these local ordinances will spread like a cancer. No matter where you live, you have a vested interest in what happens in the board rooms of these city and village councils. Here is a listing of meetings where local gun-grabs will be debated this week:

1. Highland Park, IL. 1707 St. John’s Avenue, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:30 PM (be there by 6:30 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.

2. Evanston, IL. City Hall, 2100 Ridge Avenue, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:15 PM (be there by 6:30 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.

3. Melrose Park, IL. Police Station, One North Broadway, Monday, June 24, 2013, 6:00 PM (be there by 5:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.

4. St. Charles, IL. City Council Chambers, 2 E. Main Street, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:00 PM (be there by 6:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.

5. Park Ridge, IL. City Hall, 505 Butler Place, Monday, June 24, 2013, 7:00 PM (be there by 6:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.

6. Berwyn, IL. City Hall, 6700 26th Street, Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 8:00 PM (be there by 7:15 PM). Topic: semiautomatic firearm ban.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS

1. No matter where you live, you should plan on attending the closest meeting to you. Be prepared to bring a friend or two. Wear iGOLD hats and t-shirts. If you see members of the media, approach them and tell them that you are a law-abiding gun owner who is sick and tired of having others carelessly work to destroy your rights.

2. Take careful notes of what happens during the meeting. Take notes of who you talk to, what the topic of the discussion was, and note what is told to you by the other person.

3. Pass this alert on to your friends and family – ask them to attend as well.

4. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which you may belong.

IN CLOSING:

It’s time to launch a major counteroffensive against the gun control movement. This is the week to do it. Please plan on attending one of these meetings.

Remember, Gun Control is a disease – you’re the cure.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:04 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

A few more towns having meetings now. If you live nearby show up, or if you have friends in those area, let them know.

UPDATED ALERT – Eight meetings with gun bans on the agenda for Monday, June 24, Two for Tuesday, June 25!

SPECIAL NOTICE - Highland Park - Anti-gunners to pressure the board

Full Council Meetings:
June 24

Highland Park
Evanston
Melrose Park
Marengo
Park Forest
June 25
Berwyn
Hainesville

These towns above are all considering new local ordinances at their next council meeting on Monday or Tuesday. The agenda for Park Forest does not indicate a gun ban on the agenda, however ISRA was alerted to one.

Committee Meetings:
June 24

St. Charles
Park Ridge
West Chicago

These towns above are discussing new local ordinances at committee meetings on Monday.

It is important that gun owners be there at these meetings to voice their opposition by addressing the board. No matter where you live, you should plan on attending the closest meeting to you. Bring a friend or two. Wear your IGOLD hats and t-shirts. If you see members of the media, approach them and tell them that you are a law-abiding gun owner who is sick and tired of having others carelessly work to destroy your rights. Be sure to arrive early to ensure that you gain entrance to the meeting.

Special Note - Highland Park: The Highland Park meeting is now higher profile, and is expected to be packed with anti-gun zealots sent by the 10th Congressional District Democrats, an organization long dedicated to removing your right to keep and bear arms. Please attend this meeting if you can. Get there at least 1 hour early, please.

Veterans: Are you a veteran of our armed forces? Your oath and your prior service to our country gives you a unique vantage point to speak from. Please attend these meetings and provide feedback to the local officials.

Please be aware of what's going on in your community. If your town was not listed here, please contact your local city government and inquire about the next council meeting and the latest agenda. If you hear of more local attempts to pass an "Assault Weapon Ban" in another community, please contact the ISRA office at 815-635-3198 or send an email to the ISRA Hotline (hotline@isra.org) and pass along the info. Alert members have helped ISRA to keep you informed

For status of previous meetings, other meeting times, talking points against semi-auto bans, copies of proposed ordinances, links to other resources; please visit http://isra.org/townhall .

Please forward this alert to your mailing list and post it on your favorite forum.

What: Highland Park City Council Meeting - Agenda - Proposed Ban (docx)
Where: City Hall, 1707 St. Johns Avenue
When: Monday, June 24, 7:30 pm

What: Evanston City Council Meeting - Agenda
Where: City Hall, 2100 Ridge Ave, Evanston
When: Monday, June 24, 7:15 pm

What: Melrose Park Village Board Meeting - Photo of Agenda
Where: Police Station,
One North Broadway
When: Monday, June 24, 6:00 pm

What: St Charles Govt Services Committee Meeting - Agenda (5b) - Slides
Where: Council Chambers, 2 E Main St.
When: Monday, June 24, 7:00 pm

What: Park Ridge Meeting - Committee of the Whole - Agenda (V.b.1) - Memo
Where: City Hall, 505 Butler Place

What: Park Forest Village Board Meeting -
Agenda (AWB Not specified)
Where: 350 Victory Drive, Park Forest

What:
Marengo City Council Meeting - Agenda (PDF) 7a
Where: 132 E. Prairie St

What:
West Chicago Public Affairs Committee Meeting - Agenda (5a)
Where: Committee Room (A), 475 Main Street, West Chicago

What: Berwyn City Council Meeting -
Agenda
Where:
City Hall, 6700 26th Street
When: Tuesday, June 25, 8:00 pm

What: Hainesville Village Board Meeting -
Agenda
Where:
Village Hall, 100 N. Hainesville Rd
When: Tuesday, June 25, 8:00 pm

Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

UPDATED ALERT – One more meeting with gun ban on the agenda for Monday, June 24!

Errata: Park Forest has no gun ban on the agenda.

River Forest

It is important that gun owners be there at these meetings to voice their opposition by addressing the board. No matter where you live, you should plan on attending the closest meeting to you. Bring a friend or two. Wear your IGOLD hats and t-shirts. If you see members of the media, approach them and tell them that you are a law-abiding gun owner who is sick and tired of having others carelessly work to destroy your rights. Be sure to arrive early to ensure that you gain entrance to the meeting.

For status of previous meetings, other meeting times, talking points against semi-auto bans, copies of proposed ordinances, links to other resources; please visit http://isra.org/townhall .

Please forward this alert to your mailing list and post it on your favorite forum.

What: River Forest Village Board Meeting - Agenda - Full Packet (p 142)
Where: 400 Park Ave

Park Forest - no gun ban on the agenda

The Mayor of Park Forest has responded to inquiries, and there is nothing on the agenda at this time. Members are urged to attend some other meeting this evening.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

http://newssun.suntimes.com/20940960-417/highland-park-passes-ban-on-assault-weapons.html
image-3485648927.jpg  

Old 06-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

I'm sure highland park will be a much safer place now.
I'm also sure that the criminals will make sure that they drop their scary black rifles at the town border

Old 06-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybigguns
I'm also sure that the criminals will make sure that they drop their scary black rifles at the town border
Yep. The bad streets of Highland Park. Someone might get their Gucci bag stolen by a masked man with a high powered rifle. But damn it, they made a statement. Not that anyone cares what HP thinks.

More news.
image-2057405472.jpg  

Old 06-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #119
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1677 Times on 1023 Posts
Likes Given: 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybigguns View Post
Nah. They'll just paint them to match their gang colors. Then they won't be black (evil) guns.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 06-28-2013, 01:17 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Unfortunately, the way things are going this looks true. Veto. But then again, it reopen the fight. Not sure how the SCOTUS appeal fits into this if she files it. Wait and see I guess.

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76480346/

Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan said Thursday that she expects Gov. Pat Quinn to rewrite a compromise measure to legalize the concealed carrying of firearms in public.

Best quote:
"But, she added, "There's always the concern of, well, 'Are you too tough? Are you going to become the 'b'-word?' And you really don't want that to happen. People sometimes often vote with their gut. They want to like you, all right? So, luckily in my circumstance, having a family helps. … It gives you a better appreciation of what a lot of people have to go through and it does also, I think in the public's mind, soften you, presuming you're actually engaged with your family and aren't just using them as political props"

Sorry Lisa - everyone already thinks you're a bitch.