more garbage , wth is this crap - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > more garbage , wth is this crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #91
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Typical lawyer...

http://capitolfax.com/2013/06/17/ag-madigan-wants-second-concealed-carry-appeals-extension-with-us-supreme-court/

AG Madigan wants second concealed carry appeal extension with US Supreme Court
Monday, Jun 17, 2013

* Attorney General Lisa Madigan has asked for yet another extension with the US Supreme Court.
Madigan wants “a second and final thirty-day extension” to file a possible appeal of the appellate court’s ruling that Illinois’ total ban on public carrying of loaded firearms is unconstitutional. Currently, Madigan has until June 24th to file her writ of certiorari.
The motion follows the recent granting by the appellate court of AG Madigan’s request that its June 9th deadline be extended for 30 days. So, Madigan wants the extension with the US Supremes until after the appellate clock stops ticking. It also keeps her out of the debate, of course.

* From the motion…

Good cause exists for this application. The undersigned counsel, who has principal responsibility for the certiorari petition in this case, serves as the Solicitor General in the Office of the Illinois Attorney General. Counsel filed the opening brief on June 3, 2013 as counsel of record for Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and other petitioners in Madigan v. Levin (U.S. 12-872). In addition, counsel’s supervisory responsibilities over the Civil and Criminal Appeals Divisions of the Attorney General’s Office-including editing and revising briefs and preparing attorneys for oral argument-have occupied a substantial amount of time in May and the first two weeks of June, 2013.

Wherefore petitioners respectfully request that an order be entered extending the time to file a certiorari petition to and including July 24, 2013.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #92

Liked 1147 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

Heres the problem , they can read it but because they have no common sense they cant understand it . Im no lawyer but I read all 148 pages or what ever number it was in about 45 minutes , this was rereading some sections of it and I even understood 99% of it very simply . I cant imagine why they would need an additional 30 days to do what most common folks can and do understand in 45 minutes

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 06-17-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

She just wants more time to get AWBs passed in the rest of the state because is was SO effective in Chicago at keeping crime down, or so her daddy told her.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #94
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

LATE BREAKING NEWS – Lake Forest Postpones Agenda Item

MORE VILLAGE BOARD MEETINGS with Municipal Gun Regulations on the Agenda - Waukegan is included in the list of meetings tonight.

ISRA members contacted the ISRA this afternoon to bring this news:

The City of Lake Forest has changed their agenda to postpone the consideration of their gun ban ordinance until July 1, 2013.

ISRA still finds the item on the agenda loaded from the city website, but does find this news item on the city website:

Assault Ban Agenda Item Removed from Tonight's City Council Meeting

Due to the fact that the full City Council cannot be in attendance at tonight's meeting, Item 7.1, "Discussion Regarding Ban on Assault Weapons", has been removed from the agenda. Mayor Don Schoenheider stated he would be tabling this item until the Monday, July 1 City Council meeting, taking place at 7:30 p.m. at City Hall, 220 E. Deerpath.

Residents who are interested in expressing their opinions on this topic should write to Robert R. Kiely, Jr., City Manager, at City Hall, or send an email message to Mr. Kiely at cityhall@cityoflakeforest.com and should provide a name and mailing address.

ISRA notes that there is still item 4 on the agenda:
OPPORTUNITY FOR CITIZENS TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL ON NON-AGENDA ITEMS

Hopefully the city council will be kind of to recognize speakers on this issue at this time, in consideration of the issue no longer being on the agenda, as this late alert will not reach everyone.

We urge members to primarily attend the meeting on July 1, yet would like to see a few members attend this evening.

What: Lake Forest City Council Meeting - Agenda - June 17
Where: 220 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest
When: Monday, June 17, 7:30 pm
When: Monday, July 1, 7:30 pm

After the passage of IL HB-183 (amended to be CCW) through both houses of the Illinois Legislature, Rep Drury and Lt. Gov Sheila Simon have issued statements urging the passage of local firearms bans during a window of time provided for in the bill.

Simon and Drury are promoting bans on semi-automatic firearms that you own under the guise of "Assault Weapons". This would likely include popular sporting and defensive firearms like the AR-15, and standard-capacity magazines for all kinds of handguns and rifles. Law-abiding gun owners could face confiscation of their firearms or criminal prosecution.

UPDATED: At this time, Deerfield, Buffalo Grove, Skokie and Lake Forest appear to be considering new local ordinances at their next meeting on Monday. Also, Oswego and Mettewa are considering new local ordinances at their next meeting on Tuesday. It is important that residents be there at these meetings to voice their opposition by addressing the board. If you live in either of these communities area, please go to that meeting. Be sure to arrive early to ensure that you gain entrance to the meeting.

For meeting times, talking points against semi-auto bans, copies of proposed ordinances, links to other resources; please visit http://isra.org/townhall .

Please forward this alert to your mailing list and post it on your favorite forum.

UPDATED: Please be aware of what's going on in your community. If your town was not listed here, please contact your local city government and inquire about the next council meeting and the latest agenda. If you hear of more local attempts to pass an "Assault Weapon Ban" in another community, please contact the ISRA office at 815-635-3198 or send an email to the ISRA Hotline (hotline@isra.org) and pass along the info. Alert member have helped ISRA to keep you informed

UPDATED: Are you a veteran of our armed forces? Your oath and your prior service to our country gives you a unique vantage point to speak from. Please attend your local meeting and provide feedback to the local officials.

What: Waukegan City Board Meeting - Agenda
Where: City Hall, 100 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave
When: Monday, June 17, 7:00 pm

What: Deerfield Village Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: Village Hall, 850 Waukegan Road, Deerfield

What: Buffalo Grove Village Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf) - see page 11-C
Where: Village Hall, 50 Raupp Boulevard, Buffalo Grove

What: Skokie Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: 5127 Oakton Street, Skokie
When: Monday, June 17, 8:00 pm

What: Oswego Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: Village Hall, 100 Parkers Mill
When: Tuesday, June 18, 7:00 pm

What: Mettewa Board Meeting - Agenda (pdf)
Where: Hilton Garden Inn, 26225 N. Riverwoods Blvd
When: Tuesday, June 18, 7:30 pm

Old 06-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #95
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

MY head is spinning since the bill was passed to Quinn for signature.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 06-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #96

Liked 2609 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Don't you guys get it?

Illinois politicians and police WANT

gun laws in place which give the

criminals an advantage. They NEED

to justify their own paychecks.

Is momma BG wondering why her

son moved to NJ,NY, or ILL?

It's because down here, when we defend ourselves,

Mr. Scumball-badazz is afraid that his death is going

to be permanent, and no amount of crying relatives

slobbering to Libtard judges and the media, about how

"he was just starting to turn his life around" will bring

him back from the dead.

That's why WE have QUIET streets, and Chicago is

CHICAGO...

Old 06-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well, the court gave bitch face her 2nd extension. Didn't we say this was gonna be fun!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #98

Liked 320 Times on 185 Posts
Likes Given: 354

Wait,Chicago has a gun registry,Saints Preserve Us?

Old 06-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #99
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yes Hank. Can't you tell with how quickly they can solve shootings by tracking down the gun owners and thus minimizing violent crime? Can you imagine how many more people would have been shot over the weekend if the police didn't have this incredible tool?

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/22615507/police-out-in-force-after-chicago-sees-bloodiest-weekend-this-year

Oh, and add this madness to your list:
"Those in Peoria County please use extreme caution if you decide to carry there. The States attorney for Peoria County says he won't prosecute you if caught with a concealed weapon but per the article no guidelines seem to be in place for this. The Sheriff also states he will enforce state law and make arrests. Again this is for PEORIA COUNTY ONLY."

So somes Sheriff's are with us, some against us. Some are in the same counties that DA's that won't prosecute you. But the ISP will definitely arrest you, but those DAs won't prsecute you. Sporatic cities are discussing AWBs before CCW is passed. This is what anarchy looks like. And the princess must have some good blackmail on the judiciary to get a 2nd extension....

Old 06-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #100
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Wish Quinn would just sign the bill. That would be a blow to Princess Madigan's run for Governor, and likely squash these stupid AWB discussions.

In other news:
http://www.disclosurenewsonline.com/2013/06/06/and-the-dominoes-fall-illinois-counties-securing-right-to-carry/