more garbage , wth is this crap
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > more garbage , wth is this crap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default more garbage , wth is this crap

http://www.illinoisobserver.net/2013/05/30/extra-illinois-conceal-carry-deal-struck/

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #2

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Today all will be known.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:02 PM   #3
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

From Facebook - Pass Conceal Carry Illinois page. Basically BAD BILL in debate right now.

Just finished reading HB183 amendment 5 & 6. It has a few changes to it. Let us first start by saying HB183 amendment 1, 2, 3 & 4 are removed, so don't read them.

The Illinois concealed carry permit cost $150.

The restricted areas are pretty much the same as before, with the exception of DNR rules for hunting and bike trails. If you can hunt on DNR land you can carry. If a restaurant's sales are... over 50% alcohol, then you cannot carry. The owner cannot allow it.

Military will get 8 hours of credit toward the 16 hours of training. 8 hours of credit will be given toward the 16 hours for previous classes for other states carrying licenses. NRA instructors still have to be approved by the state. Their is nothing in the amendment that says an NRA instructor can give classes. They need approval.

Non-residents with a carry permit from their state will be allowed to carry only in their car with their out of state permit. Non-residents will need a Illinois permit to carry everywhere else. $300 fee.

The state is the only one who can regulate handguns. So that means the Cook County and Chicago "Assault Weapons Ban" is still in effect. The magazine ban for long guns is still in effect. This means you do not need a Chicago Firearms Permit for your handgun. But, the Chicago Firearms Permit is still in effect for long guns.

Anymore information will be in the comments section.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Best comments from the page:

Quote:
To everyone who says SB2193 or HB183 is "Good enough"; I'd like to make a few points. When did "Good enough" become good enough? Our country was not founded on "Good enough".

"Good enough" has made Illinois the last state in the nation to enact
CCW.

"Good enough" has left Illinois with multiple convicted Governors.

"Good enough" has made Chicago the murder Capitol of the USA.

"Good enough" has left Illinois residents defenseless for decades.

"Good enough" gets Chicago politicians reelected after indictment and
sometimes even after conviction.

"Good enough" has led to a court mandate to the state to enact CCW.

"Good enough" means it will be at LEAST another year before Illinois
residents can legally defend themselves.

"Good enough" means your nonresident permit for other states will most likely be voided until you get an Illinois CCW.

"Good enough" means those other states will probably enact retaliatory fees and restrictions on Illinois residents who apply for nonresident permits.

"Good enough" means you give up ALL rights to privacy, both state AND
federal, when you apply for your CCW.

"Good enough" is neither good nor enough!

There has NEVER been a better time in Illinois history for firearm owners to DEMAND the best and not settle. We are not under a court order; they are! It's time for us to stop with "Good enough" and settle for nothing less than the rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution.
Quote:

Wow.....8 hours of credit for 14 years of service in the infantry and combat tours in Iraq. I feel so privileged.

People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #5

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

I understand the Court gave Illinois a deadline to pass some form of CCW... or else...

Or else what?

Did the court identify another State and say that if Illinois failed, the CCW guidelines of State X would become law in Illinois?

Will the court fine the State if it fails?

Reading some of the BS in this bill, I'm begging to think Illinois gun owners should reject it outright and force the legislature to simply copy the laws of more reasonable States.

The fees are crazy... 16 hours of training is ridiculous... any Veterans who can show military training with a handgun should be exempt from training requirements... "As I was for Oregon's Permit"...

...and any "city" law like Chigago's gun registration needs to killed in this bill. Most States pre-empt local jurisdictions from claiming "home rule" when it infringes on Civil Liberties.

No one would except a Chicago restriction on "free speech" and no one should accept there gun registry either.

Just my .02 cents... Good Luck Illinois.

Tack

Old 05-31-2013, 06:33 PM   #6

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I understand the Court gave Illinois a deadline to pass some form of CCW... or else...

Or else what?Tack
Or else on June 9th, the curtain of current gun laws in Illinois fall from the rod and onto the floor. There would be no firearm restrictions whatsoever.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Constitutional Carry would go into effect immediately. However our AG would file suit with SCOTUS immediately too.
BUT - there's a lot of armchair legal experts out there with various theories on how all of this works. I fall into the camp of knowing enough to be dangerous, but can't tell you the exact facts because I think few people really know who this will all work out. The lawyers will be everywhere on the 9th if nothing passes.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

http://new.livestream.com/blueroomstream/events/2136983 HB 183 A5 (the carry conceal bill) is now on the floor for debate and vote.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 05-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #9

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

its the same crap bill with more restrictions , I dont support it as a resident , and its not good enough for me . My Utah permit should be just as good here as it is every where else . Tired of this gawd awful state and all their BS!!! The state is just standing there with their hand out again .

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens
Shade Likes This 
Old 05-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #10
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Constitutional Carry would go into effect immediately. However our AG would file suit with SCOTUS immediately too.
BUT - there's a lot of armchair legal experts out there with various theories on how all of this works. I fall into the camp of knowing enough to be dangerous, but can't tell you the exact facts because I think few people really know who this will all work out. The lawyers will be everywhere on the 9th if nothing passes.
Foid carry will be a bad thing for half the populace of Illinois. If you haven't read the cook county carry ordinance.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com