IMPORTANT Illinois CCW Notice! - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > IMPORTANT Illinois CCW Notice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 01:46 AM   #61
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

If you read Section 65 (b), you'll see that it allows for concealed carry in and around a vehicle. If you want to leave the vehicle unattended, you can lock the gun up in the trunk. You are permitted to carry it outside the vehicle ONLY for the purpose of locking it up in the trunk and ONLY if you have unloaded it before exiting the vehicle. It does leave open the question of whether you can store a loaded gun in a locked container inside the vehicle (like a NanoVault in the glove box).

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 06-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #62

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
If you read Section 65 (b), you'll see that it allows for concealed carry in and around a vehicle. If you want to leave the vehicle unattended, you can lock the gun up in the trunk. You are permitted to carry it outside the vehicle ONLY for the purpose of locking it up in the trunk and ONLY if you have unloaded it before exiting the vehicle. It does leave open the question of whether you can store a loaded gun in a locked container inside the vehicle (like a NanoVault in the glove box).
You can leave it LOADED in a container in the vehicle, center console, or glove box as long as your vehicle is locked (just in the glove box or center console is fine, you dont have to put it inside another container), or UNLOADED in your trunk, must be unloaded before you leave the vehicle is the whole point. Technically you could leave it on your passenger seat loaded and covered.. as long as your vehicle is locked and your handgun is concealed. Though I don't know I'd like to test this
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #63

Liked 268 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 54

These are by far the most unfriendly CCW laws I have ever seen. Here in MO, you can carry a gun, in your car, concealed or open, without a permit....and the gun can be loaded. You need a CCW permit to carry concealed, or open (MO is an open carry state). Other than that, some of the regulations are similar. Our fee is initially $100 for 3 years. Renewal is $50, and that is every 3 years as well. Our training is an 8 hour class, with 6 hours of classroom, and the rest firearm training and operation. We also require firing both pistol and revolver. But the politicians in MO don't hate their citizens.....I'm not too sure about Illinois.

Never waste time deciding between two guns....buy both of them.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:12 AM   #64

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound
These are by far the most unfriendly CCW laws I have ever seen. Here in MO, you can carry a gun, in your car, concealed or open, without a permit....and the gun can be loaded. You need a CCW permit to carry concealed, or open (MO is an open carry state). Other than that, some of the regulations are similar. Our fee is initially $100 for 3 years. Renewal is $50, and that is every 3 years as well. Our training is an 8 hour class, with 6 hours of classroom, and the rest firearm training and operation. We also require firing both pistol and revolver. But the politicians in MO don't hate their citizens.....I'm not too sure about Illinois.
Agreed. And it's not illegal to carry into a GFZ in MO. The law basically says not to get caught.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #65

Liked 307 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 62

As a glass half full guy all I can say is CCW is here. The details will get sorted out, and the regs loosened up, as time goes by and the judges show up.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 PM   #66
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
As a glass half full guy all I can say is CCW is here. The details will get sorted out, and the regs loosened up, as time goes by and the judges show up.
Still some question whether Quinn signs or vetoes. And hopefully the details will work out to something more reasonable.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 06-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

http://illinoisissuesblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/concealed-carry-compromise-headed-to.html

Quinn is still the wild card, he has amendatory powers,
so he could tack on a AWB to it? Boy would that suck!!!

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 06-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #68

Liked 1134 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

As for where I live I hope he doesnt sign it because it wont effect me . Now for larger cities if he doesnt sign it and your population is 28000+ and home rule applies , Chicagoans are screwed . Its by no means a fabulous bill , 16 hrs I mean come on I have sat in othere states CCW classes, I have NRA certified training yet we dont yet qualify . That bill should have had who was qualified to train people in it , because as it stands right now if Quinn signed it today it doenst state who can train anyone , If they cant figure that out quickly then look where we sit . Opps sorry no one is currently qualified to train people so it could take up to 180 days to get the proper people trained so they can teach the class

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 06-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #69
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
As for where I live I hope he doesnt sign it because it wont effect me . Now for larger cities if he doesnt sign it and your population is 28000+ and home rule applies , Chicagoans are screwed . Its by no means a fabulous bill , 16 hrs I mean come on I have sat in othere states CCW classes, I have NRA certified training yet we dont yet qualify . That bill should have had who was qualified to train people in it , because as it stands right now if Quinn signed it today it doenst state who can train anyone , If they cant figure that out quickly then look where we sit . Opps sorry no one is currently qualified to train people so it could take up to 180 days to get the proper people trained so they can teach the class
The court only said they had to pass a law, not when to implement it. Did we really think it would be that easy? But now that the General Assembly is adjourned I believe for the summer, who knows when the rest will get ironed out. I'm guessing next Spring before anyone actually legally carries. Hopefully I'm mistaken.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 06-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
http://illinoisissuesblog.blogspot.com/2013/05/concealed-carry-compromise-headed-to.html

Quinn is still the wild card, he has amendatory powers,
so he could tack on a AWB to it? Boy would that suck!!!
He could tack on an AWB to it, however it would go back to the originating chamber and they could vote to repeal his ammendment and push it through as it was originally sent to him.