Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > IMPORTANT Illinois CCW Notice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #21
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1687 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Being as I live in IL " down state of course" the 997 bill is not fabulous but its better than nothing at all . The price of $25 for 5 yrs is more than acceptable . CCW should be limited to hand guns . WHY you ask ? #1 it is called concealed carry for a reason , and then you have the smart ass's that throw a AR 15 over their shoulder and go to the mall and walk around #1 its not a CCW , #2 it just looks irresponsible / scary in the publics eyes ,#3 it give the Anti's a rant that really isnt necessary .
The HB997 is the best I have seen out there so far of anything trying to get passed here in IL. I just wish they could get a handle on whats going to really be necessary training for the IL CCW so people could get the ball rolling and not get every class tied up for the next 12 months
From what I read of 997, it has wording that allows for both concealed and open carry.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 03-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #22

OMG, just read through the amendments. (face-palm) Definitely expend whatever political capital you have to get 997 defeated. Some of the amendments seem OK, like restrictions on carry in bars or courthouses. But the rest are ridiculous. And restrictions on your right to have the gun in your car in the parking lot are almost certainly invalid.

You are definitely better off with constitutional carry than the amended 997. Someone also ought to get with an NRA lawyer (or maybe a less politically influenced private lawyer) to see whether the amended 997 violates the intent of the Seventh Circuit Court ruling. It certainly seem to do so.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
OMG, just read through the amendments. (face-palm) Definitely expend whatever political capital you have to get 997 defeated. Some of the amendments seem OK, like restrictions on carry in bars or courthouses. But the rest are ridiculous. And restrictions on your right to have the gun in your car in the parking lot are almost certainly invalid.

You are definitely better off with constitutional carry than the amended 997. Someone also ought to get with an NRA lawyer (or maybe a less politically influenced private lawyer) to see whether the amended 997 violates the intent of the Seventh Circuit Court ruling. It certainly seem to do so.
None of the amendments have been voted on yet, they are all proposed.
The Antis control the House (Mr. Speaker, Mike Madigan, who is nothing but
a lackey for the Chicago machine) but do not in most cases have the votes.

They are working on HB1155 first to block guns in most of the state then
pass CCW that does not allow you to carry anywhere.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #24

From what I've heard on line here, each of the amendments has to be voted on separately. Several of them are horrible, a couple are OK. If it's possible to get 997 and the good amendments passed, Illinois would be in a lot better shape than they are now. If they can't block the bad amendments, they need to try to stop the bill itself.

Balota

Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 PM   #25

Liked 1120 Times on 727 Posts
Likes Given: 1998

Yes your right we would be best off with constitutional carry but IL will never let that happen. They are broke and want the money

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 03-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #26

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Yes your right we would be best off with constitutional carry but IL will never let that happen. They are broke and want the money
I dont know that this is true. From my understanding, with constitutional carry each municipality can make their own laws, which would screw all of cook county, and probably a lot of the surrounding areas, and you would have to know the laws for all the towns you go into or through.

Old 03-18-2013, 04:03 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by fickenmeimirish View Post
I dont know that this is true. From my understanding, with constitutional carry each municipality can make their own laws, which would screw all of cook county, and probably a lot of the surrounding areas, and you would have to know the laws for all the towns you go into or through.
Local governments cannot make laws that nullify federal law. So home
rule is not in effect.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 03-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post

Local governments cannot make laws that nullify federal law. So home
rule is not in effect.
As far as ive understood, the local governments can make more restrictive laws unless there is a bill or amendment stating shall carry state wide. A local government can make more restrictive laws or regulations than already put in place by the federal government. I could be completely wrong on this but thats how ive always understood it. I have also heard pro 2nd amendment polititians and lobbyists state this regarding the judiciary hearings and fighting to get a fair bill passed

Old 03-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #29

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Will Illinois honor Indiana permits?

Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Will Illinois honor Indiana permits?
Are you an indiana resident? Assuming you are, I am sure when the law goes into effect the state will honor any non resident permit

Last edited by fickenmeimirish; 03-18-2013 at 11:27 AM.