IMPORTANT Illinois CCW Notice!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > IMPORTANT Illinois CCW Notice!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default IMPORTANT Illinois CCW Notice!

Mike Madigan, stooge for the ****cago machine will be introducing his own
CCW bill please read the follow and please call your state representatives
and state senators.

Quote:
URGENT ALERT – YOUR ACTION REQUIRED

MIKE MADIGAN READY TO INSULT YOUR INTELLIGENCE ONCE AGAIN

Mike Madigan is ticked off...

Why is Mike Madigan so ticked off? Quite simply, he’s ticked off because the 7th District Court of Appeals has told him plainly that the legislature must bow to constitutional authority – not to the whims of Mike Madigan. And we all know what a control freak Mike Madigan is.

No, Mike Madigan is no longer in control of the concealed carry debate. The courts have said once and for all that Illinois will join 49 other states in allowing citizens to carry defensive firearms.

The court has really ticked Madigan off...

Mike Madigan is so ticked off that he plans to introduce his own version of a concealed carry bill early next week. Of course, under Madigan’s carry bill, the only people who would be allowed to carry would be... um... nobody.

Although the details of Madigan’s concealed carry bill (HB1155) have not yet been released, those close to Madigan are saying that it will be the most restrictive concealed carry bill in the nation.

One insider termed Madigan’s proposal, “...the closest thing to no-carry at all.”

WHAT YOU MUST DO TO STOP MADIGAN’S INSULTING BILL

1. Beginning first thing Monday morning, call your state representative and politely tell them that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you oppose Madigan’s insulting HB1155 and that you would like them to vote against the bill.

2. Pass this alert on to all your friends and family members and ask them to call their state representatives as well.

3. Please post this alert to any and all Internet blogs or bulletin boards to which you belong.

If you do not know who your state representative is, please click the link below and you will be able to identify your representative and get their Springfield phone number.

The Illinois State Board of Elections has a new interactive search page here:
www.elections.state.il.us/DistrictLocator/DistrictOfficialSearchByAddress.aspx

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Last edited by Shade; 02-23-2013 at 09:35 PM.
CA357 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I am a bit confused over the rush to pass a bill allowing concealed carry by those on the gunowners’ side. Because of the two court rulings, those that believe the “right to keep and bear arms” by individuals is both important and sacrosanct, now have the upper hand over the Chicago Democrats who have ignored both the rights and the will of those who have sought concealed carry for years.

If legislators do nothing other than oppose bills regarding concealed carry and keep them from passing we will have concealed carry by default in less than 3 months. That is truly a powerful tool to get exactly what is reasonable without any compromise with those who would steal our rights, and frankly, I have no pity for them. They have opposed every reasonable effort in the past to put citizens of the State of Illinois on a parity with citizens of other states and have made many legislators spend hours in turmoil trying to find a compromise they would accept, while dealing with your angry and frustrated constituents. They deserve what they might get.

On the other hand, I also understand why some legislators are uneasy with allowing gun owners the same rights that the citizens of Vermont, Arizona, Alaska, Montana, Texas, and Wyoming already have in constitutional carry and that Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Rhode Island, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin have legislation pending on. Illinois citizens are evidently inferior in some way to citizens in those other states, at least in the eyes of our elected officials.

In looking at H.B. 0997, I am puzzled by some things. The constitution, and the court ruling, refer to bearing arms and not just handguns, yet the bill limits concealed carry of weapons to handguns rather than arms. My question is, “Why”? If I am considered qualified to carry a handgun with a very strong potential of lethality, then why am I not qualified to carry a collapsible baton, or a blackjack for the same reasons that police officers carry them – as a less lethal option than drawing and firing a handgun. The same could be said of stun guns and Tasers, which many (especially women) would like to have as an option. Personally, I would much prefer the option of stunning someone with a baton or blackjack to shooting them, yet apparently, if this bill passes, a handgun will be my only option if I feel myself in potentially mortal danger.

Much of what is contained in H.B. 0997 was from an earlier compromise bill attempt. We no longer need to compromise. Before this bill moves too far ahead, please consider the fact that we do not need to please Chicago Democrats to achieve what we want. If they are to get anything, they need to please you and the gun owners of this state. Why are we squandering what the Courts have handed us?

Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I agree with chance ^^^^ to some degree, but if no law is crafted, wont that give the libtards an opportunity to pass an even more restrictive law?
They would use the old "OMG we're letting any old whacko carry a gun?" argument.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #4

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Don't expect to ever get CCW freedoms if you do not understand the Bill Of Rights regarding the 2nd. A. The 2nd A. was not intended to protect the rights of the people to carry "Clubs". The 2nd is there to allow the citizens to stand and deliver in the face of armed forces.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybigguns View Post
I agree with chance ^^^^ to some degree, but if no law is crafted, wont that give the libtards an opportunity to pass an even more restrictive law?
They would use the old "OMG we're letting any old whacko carry a gun?" argument.
No because the arguement can be made that the FOID Act is a failure if
wackos are owning guns anyway. Here in Illinois you have to have a
FOID to own a gun. If we get constitutional CC here you still have to
have a FOID. So if no law is passed and we get Constitution Carry, and they
use
Quote:
Originally Posted by mybigguns View Post
That means
wackos own guns now anyway?!?

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #6

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The very fact that Illinois is getting a chance at having a CCW is a very positive move for all American gun owners. This says Hey! Obama we do have rights.
The antigun propaganda gets lots of press but this ruling does not. The courts rule for gun owners and it is ignored. Biden tells his wife to blast the back yard with a shotgun and its news. WTF?

Old 02-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
No because the arguement can be made that the FOID Act is a failure if
wackos are owning guns anyway. Here in Illinois you have to have a
FOID to own a gun. If we get constitutional CC here you still have to
have a FOID. So if no law is passed and we get Constitution Carry, and they
use That means
wackos own guns now anyway?!?
You don't have to have a FOID card to own a gun. The FOID is to buy a gun, ammo or transport a gun. If the gun never leaves your house and you never need to buy ammo, you don't have to have a FOID card.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
You don't have to have a FOID card to own a gun. The FOID is to buy a gun, ammo or transport a gun. If the gun never leaves your house and you never need to buy ammo, you don't have to have a FOID card.
You would be wrong, you have to have a FOID to own a gun.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks View Post
http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidinfo.cfm

First Paragraph, second sentence.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 332 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I stand corrected. I guess I was in violation of the law a few years ago when I accidentally let my FOID card expire for a few months. Didn't mean to but at the time I wasn't into guns like I am now.