Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2013, 01:30 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 713 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Does anybody know the price of classes and will they be different prices per instructor?
Every instructor is different, as their cost structure is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
Looks like the prices are going to vary but anywhere from $225 to $250 for the 16 hour class is what I am seeing. Although, I am still looking for a place to sign up that is relatively cheap and close. Remember though it's still another $150 for the permit itself for in state and I believe $300 for out of state.
We are charging $250 for the 16 hours class, you have to bring your own
gun and ammo and bring your own lunch. Already to many issues with this
allergy, gluten free, vegan, kosher, etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Does this mean the state will issue Concealed Carry permits? Has all of the politcal road blocks been removed? This has to be the greatest Pro-Gun victory in one hundred years. The good people of Illinois deserve their Constitutional rights.
In Illinois, it is a Concealed Carry License (CCL) yup we have to be different...
The state has to make the applications available no later then 1/5/14 and I
believe have 30 days after that to start to issue licenses. With all the
instructors and students that will have taken classes by then there will be
another log jam processing these applications.

The ISP did bring some officers out of retirement to administer the program
so they are trying to do a good job; problem is the politicians slowing them
down as much as they can...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I just check the Illinois website and they are not honoring other states permits!! Illinois sucks A$$!!! They don't honor Indiana and Indiana BETTER not honor Illinois!!! I'm not paying $1,000 for me and ZG to be able to carry in one piece of SH!T state.:::::: Sorry for who ever lives in Illinois.
Really? Part of the reason of setting up the 16 hour training requirement
is to be able to say they have no reason to accept any other states CWP.
Because no other states have the same high level of training.

I do appreciate other states accepting IL CCL; I guess somebody in the room
has to be an adult.

Now I do not have an issue with the material they want you to cover for
training, it is all good stuff. I also think people should take the NRA Personal
Protection Outside the Home, Basic and Advanced classes in addition to any
CCW requirements in their states.

There is a lot to know to responsibly carry a firearm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
I understand your frustration in regards to reciprocity. Some states carry permits are being honored by Illinois and count towards 4 hours of training. Indiana is not one of them.

Currently something like 17 states will be honoring Illinois carry permits because this carry permit is the most restrictive shall issue in the nation. It's amazing that 17 states are doing this, because illinois honors not one fo theirs.
Nor do I expect IL to honor any other State ever, why give up a revenue stream.

BTW, the Non-resident fee is $300 per 5 years...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 61 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 15

There are some bills on the legislative table that will help some of the above mentioned issues. Go to ISRA.gov to get the details.

There's a couple really bad bills too; time to call again!

Old 10-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 713 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
There are some bills on the legislative table that will help some of the above mentioned issues. Go to ISRA.gov to get the details.

There's a couple really bad bills too; time to call again!
Yup. Below is the text from an ISRA newsletter.

Quote:
URGENT ALERT – YOUR ACTION REQUIRED

ANTI-GUNNERS BEGIN CAMPAIGN TO DISMANTLE CONCEALED CARRY

The Illinois General Assembly returns to session Monday, October 21st, and the anti-gunners are wasting no time in attempting to dismantle the concealed carry bill passed last spring. Your help is desperately needed to shut down the gun control movement’s efforts to strip you of your fundamental right to defend yourself and your family from muggers, murderers, robbers and rapists.

We also need your help to support 3 pro-concealed carry bills that have been introduced. The details on all the bills are below:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND TAKE THE ACTIONS LISTED TO HELP SAVE YOUR RIGHTS

HB3646 – DANGEROUS BILL – Bans Concealed Carry in any restaurant that has alcoholic beverages on the menu. Drastically reduces your choices on when and how to protect yourself. This bill is a foot in the door to create a growing list of places where you will be prohibited from protecting yourself and your family from dangerous criminals.

HB3669 – DANGEROUS BILL - This bill eliminates “safe haven” provisions for areas near schools – meaning that you could not even have a firearm locked in your trunk if you drive on to ANY property controlled by a school district. Once again, this bill would severely limit your self defense options and would make you a felon for doing nothing more than possessing a firearm. Under this bill, you would have to leave your defensive firearms at home if your plans called for you to enter any lands controlled by a school district. The real purpose of this bill is to pave the way for sweeping prohibitions on concealed carry that would make self defense impractical and a serious legal risk for most Illinois citizens.

HB3675 – DANGEROUS BILL – This bill would severely increase penalties for persons found to be carrying firearms in restricted areas. This bill is designed solely to scare law-abiding citizens out of carrying defensive firearms. This bill in no way targets gang-bangers or other violent criminals.

SB2594 – DANGEROUS BILL – This is another bill that would prohibit carry in restaurants that have alcoholic beverages on the menu.

HB3651 – GOOD BILL – This bill lowers the burdensome 16-hour training rule to a more reasonable 8-hour requirement. This bill also eliminates the re-training requirements for carry permit renewals. In short, this bill undoes that anti-gunners’ attempts to discourage people from applying for carry permits by easing burdensome training requirements.

HB3650 – GOOD BILL – This bill provides for concealed carry reciprocity between Illinois and dozens of other states.

HB3649 – GOOD BILL – This bill reduces the exorbitant fees the State Police plan on charging people for permit applications. The state should not be allowed to price-gouge citizens who want to defend themselves. This bill would make fees more reasonable and thus allow greater access to self defense for Illinois citizens.

HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHT TO SELF DEFENSE:

1. Call your State Representative and politely tell him/her that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and you do not want your right to self defense diminished for political reasons. Ask him/her to vote AGAINST HB3646; HB3669; HB3675.

2. While on the phone with your Representative, tell him/her that you would like them to vote FOR HB3649; HB3650 and HB3651.

3. Call your State Senator and politely tell him/her that you are a law-abiding firearm owner and that you do not want your right to self defense diminished for political reasons. Ask him/her to vote AGAINST SB2594.

4. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards or blogs to which you belong.

5. Pass this alert along to all your gun owning friends and family members – ask them to take action as well.

6. Please consider a generous donation to the ISRA so that we can continue to fight against those who would take your gun rights away from you.

If you do not know who your State Representative or State Senator is, the Illinois State Board of Elections has an interactive search page here:
www.elections.state.il.us/DistrictLocator/DistrictOfficialSearchByAddress.aspx

If you already know who your State Representative and State Senator are and just need the contact info, you can find that here: www.ilga.gov/house & www.ilga.gov/senate .

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 10-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #24

Liked 172 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I expect there will be plenty of cases before the courts (there already are) by gun rights groups designed to eat away at the baloney the state's GA as well as local municipalities have put in place already. It isn't just antigunners trying to restrict us; we'll be toe to toe to balance the scales.