Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum >

Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

I just check the Illinois website and they are not honoring other states permits!! Illinois sucks A$$!!! They don't honor Indiana and Indiana BETTER not honor Illinois!!! I'm not paying $1,000 for me and ZG to be able to carry in one piece of SH!T state.:::::: Sorry for who ever lives in Illinois.
Shade Likes This 
Old 10-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I just sent an email to the gun range I would take the class it. I want to get signed up to take the class.
I am scheduling training classes if you are interested.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
CGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I just check the Illinois website and they are not honoring other states permits!! Illinois sucks A$$!!! They don't honor Indiana and Indiana BETTER not honor Illinois!!! I'm not paying $1,000 for me and ZG to be able to carry in one piece of SH!T state.:::::: Sorry for who ever lives in Illinois.
I understand your frustration in regards to reciprocity. Some states carry permits are being honored by Illinois and count towards 4 hours of training. Indiana is not one of them.

Currently something like 17 states will be honoring Illinois carry permits because this carry permit is the most restrictive shall issue in the nation. It's amazing that 17 states are doing this, because illinois honors not one fo theirs.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
CGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Does anybody know the price of classes and will they be different prices per instructor?
Each instructor is able to charge what he or she wishes. I have spoken with dozens of instructors and see that prices are varying mostly by region. For example the down state southern IL guys are charging about 25% less than the Chicago guys.

It also depends on what is included. Some guys are charging $140 for the class, but then including nothing, ammo extra, range fee extra, targets extra, breakfast extra, lunch extra. All said and done that $140 class is now costing $200. I saw prices as high as $190 for just the CC class, not including breakfast, lunch, firearm, targets or ammo. Range fees were included in this particular class, and for the record range fees run about $20 per shooter.

I can tell you I am charging $174.99 for the full NRA basis class (counts towards 8 hours of training). I am charging $149.99 for the IL CC laws and weapons handling portion of class which is mandatory. If you combine the two classes I am offering a $30 discount. These classes are all inclusive, all you need to do is show up.

Breakfast, lunch, range fees, targets, ammo, firearm, eye protection, ear protection, are all included in my classes for no extra cost. And the chance to see my smiling face and listen to my angelic voice jabber for 8 hours: Priceless

Old 10-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #15

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS
Each instructor is able to charge what he or she wishes. I have spoken with dozens of instructors and see that prices are varying mostly by region. For example the down state southern IL guys are charging about 25% less than the Chicago guys. It also depends on what is included. Some guys are charging $140 for the class, but then including nothing, ammo extra, range fee extra, targets extra, breakfast extra, lunch extra. All said and done that $140 class is now costing $200. I saw prices as high as $190 for just the CC class, not including breakfast, lunch, firearm, targets or ammo. Range fees were included in this particular class, and for the record range fees run about $20 per shooter. I can tell you I am charging $174.99 for the full NRA basis class (counts towards 8 hours of training). I am charging $149.99 for the IL CC laws and weapons handling portion of class which is mandatory. If you combine the two classes I am offering a $30 discount. These classes are all inclusive, all you need to do is show up. Breakfast, lunch, range fees, targets, ammo, firearm, eye protection, ear protection, are all included in my classes for no extra cost. And the chance to see my smiling face and listen to my angelic voice jabber for 8 hours: Priceless
For the Illinois CCW do you have to take both classes? Where are you instructing your classes at? I just looked up and there are 18 states honoring Illinois and of course f**king Indiana is honoring it!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #16
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8911 Times on 5331 Posts
Likes Given: 11911

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
I am scheduling training classes if you are interested.
Where are you located? I might be interested.

Old 10-04-2013, 02:31 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Again depending on where you are located I would be interested as well.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

I'm seeing $300 for the full 16 hours in Lake and McHenry Counties. Robbery.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 87 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I just made the list today!
I am an Illinois Certified CCW Instructor.

I'm just getting the curriculum together for certification, then I'll be ready to Rock, Doc!

Old 10-18-2013, 01:15 AM   #20

I am taking the 8 hour class tomorrow, I am a veteran, you must provide your DD 214. The cost is $150.00. It has been a long time coming, I think I will have a hard time sleeping, many of us thought we would never see this in our lifetime.