Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Illinois State Police say: You may begin training for carry concealed.

A Historic day for Illinois. Important parts highlighted.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/media/pressdetails.cfm?ID=761

SPRINGFIELD – Illinois State Police (ISP) Officials announced today that a list of all currently approved concealed carry firearms training curricula is now available on the ISP website at: http://www.isp.state.il.us/

Approved curricula are ready for use and available for all skills required by the Illinois Firearm Concealed Carry Act (the “Act”), such as firearm safety; basic principles of marksmanship; care, cleaning, loading and unloading of a concealable firearm; transportation of a firearm; and instruction on the appropriate and lawful Interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm. Approved instructors with access to approved curricula, may begin instruction immediately.

The Department has also updated its approved firearms instructor registry that includes a wide range of instructors who have met all eligibility guidelines and requirements. A significant number of firearms instructor applications received were either incomplete or contained errors. Letters have been sent to affected instructor applicants for correction. These applications will be processed further upon receipt of the requested information.

Approved instructors will receive a packet containing instructions outlining their responsibilities for the training under the Act. This packet will also contain a Certificate of Completion form that instructors will issue to class attendees upon successful completion of training.

Training based on approved curricula may begin immediately. Concealed Carry License applications will be available by January 5, 2014.

The Illinois State Police regularly updates its Concealed Carry FAQ’s with information regarding the Illinois Concealed Carry process. Updates may be found at: http://www.isp.state.il.us/

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6683 Times on 4040 Posts
Likes Given: 7948

I just sent an email to the gun range I would take the class it. I want to get signed up to take the class.

orangello Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #3

Liked 515 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Right on!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I don't know if I'm mentally ready to conceal carry yet but I'm sure as hell going to get the license to conceal carry as soon as I can. There are times when I would definitely carry if I could.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Congratulations Yankees!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 10-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #6

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Does anybody know the price of classes and will they be different prices per instructor?

Old 10-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Looks like the prices are going to vary but anywhere from $225 to $250 for the 16 hour class is what I am seeing. Although, I am still looking for a place to sign up that is relatively cheap and close. Remember though it's still another $150 for the permit itself for in state and I believe $300 for out of state.

Old 10-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #8

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Does this mean the state will issue Concealed Carry permits? Has all of the politcal road blocks been removed? This has to be the greatest Pro-Gun victory in one hundred years. The good people of Illinois deserve their Constitutional rights.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
Looks like the prices are going to vary but anywhere from $225 to $250 for the 16 hour class is what I am seeing. Although, I am still looking for a place to sign up that is relatively cheap and close. Remember though it's still another $150 for the permit itself for in state and I believe $300 for out of state.
I'll pay whatever they demand. They aren't going to scare me away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Does this mean the state will issue Concealed Carry permits? Has all of the politcal road blocks been removed? This has to be the greatest Pro-Gun victory in one hundred years. The good people of Illinois deserve their Constitutional rights.
Yes, we have finally won here in Illinois.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I've been saving up work expense checks to pay for the course and permit, if it wasn't for those CC would have had to have waited.