Illinois to require Private Firearm Transaction Approvals as of Jan 1st - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois to require Private Firearm Transaction Approvals as of Jan 1st

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1970 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 378

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
What's wrong with arms list? All this requires is one additional state in the process. .
'one additional' anything = going the wrong direction

Old 01-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
'one additional' anything = going the wrong direction
Yeah sure, but it's not gone yet.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 01-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #13
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I agree, now I have to update my CCL slides again... damn...

The youngest graduates HS in 2020 shortly there after; I will be on I-80, 90
or 94 heading west shortly there after. SWMBO is on board, I purchased my
house in '95 so I am good on the sale side of things hell I might have it paid
off by then!
LOL I have prepared myself for constant updates of my slides through the next few years.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Shade Likes This 
Old 01-02-2014, 02:44 PM   #14

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

This sounds very familiar. It is one small step away from full-blown gun registration requirements.

None of this crap worked in Canada. None of it - not licensing gun owners, registration of firearms, requiring a license check to transfer a firearm, magazine limits, prescribed "safe" storage laws, ..... none of it improved our homicide rates, contrary to promises and assurances made when our gun control laws were ratcheted up, year after year.

It's all been a stupid, expensive, draconian, bureaucratic waste of time. That's not just my opinion. It's been proved:

https://nfa.ca/news/canadian-firearms-legislation-and-effects-homicide-0

There are other international studies which came to the same conclusions. Illinois will not be any different.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 01-02-2014, 02:49 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
LOL I have prepared myself for constant updates of my slides through the next few years.
Me too, btw, the online checking is not a bad thing, it takes the onus off the
seller and provides a level of CYA. I ran one on myself yesterday, worked
well enough.

Now getting rid of FOID altogether would be an improvement.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-02-2014, 04:51 PM   #16

The only "registry" that makes sense is a registry of persons who are not allowed to own a firearm - by Court Order - because they are serious criminals or they are nuts. I would not object to having to run a check against such a registry.

However, the scheme described by the OP sounds like a registry of the law-abiding. That is wrong. It will not work. It will not reduce crime one iota. The idea has been tried over and over an over and it does not produce the apple pie that is always promised. It will do one thing and one thing only - it will enable eventual confiscation.

Old 01-02-2014, 07:53 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
The only "registry" that makes sense is a registry of persons who are not allowed to own a firearm - by Court Order - because they are serious criminals or they are nuts. I would not object to having to run a check against such a registry.

However, the scheme described by the OP sounds like a registry of the law-abiding. That is wrong. It will not work. It will not reduce crime one iota. The idea has been tried over and over an over and it does not produce the apple pie that is always promised. It will do one thing and one thing only - it will enable eventual confiscation.
I do agree with you; and being Canadian you have experience with that system...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 01-03-2014, 01:04 AM   #18

Indeed. I've been active on the issue here for years. I've heard all the apple pie claptrap that is used to sell these schemes. The same propaganda is recycled internationally.

It will end in confiscation. Short barreled pistols first. They will be labelled "Saturday Night Specials" or something like that and then taken with great gusto and fanfare. Big Police will never miss an opportunity to puff up for the camera next to an "arsenal" all laid out on tables. Next will be the stubby black semi-autos because nobody "needs" them and gangstas use them to commit crimes. Blah, blah blah.

In all of that, violent crime and homicide rates will either be unaffected or will rise somewhat.

The Gun Zombies know all this. They don't care - because it's not really about public safety or crime rates. After years of effort, we have pretty well debunked their claims in this country that gun control reduces murder and violent crime. Now, we more often hear claims that our gun laws reduced suicide by gun. WTF do I care how somebody offs themselves? Why is it better for society that we make them use a rope? Furthermore, why do we put up with this never-ending kaleidoscope of justifications for gun control laws that don't work? If they don't reduce murder and violent crime rates, why didn't we just repeal the entire mess?

I can just about guarantee you that the same leadership that was/is behind gun control fantasies in Canada and Australia and Britain and elsewhere are working with their compadres in the U.S. It is the same bunch that has been pushing the U.N. Arms Treaty. They are creepy people and not to be underestimated. Don't give an inch. Not_one_inch.

Last edited by Rocky7; 01-03-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:17 AM   #19

And just in case anybody thinks I am avoiding a comparison of our murder rates:

Last edited by Rocky7; 01-03-2014 at 01:22 AM.