Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois FOID for all gun acc now ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Illinois FOID for all gun acc now ?

So I ordered a couple mags for a 30-06 rifle and asked for them to be shipped to Illinois because i am going coyote hunting in Illinois with some friends next week and working on my rental property. and the fine folks at Sportsman guide refused to ship to illinois at first after arguing he said you must have a illinois id and foid ! incorrect a valid foid ok but id also no.

My case is a foid with illinois address and florida dl since I am florida homesteaded "florida rules " now FOID because I goto illinois and want to have a gun for protection while in illinois and foid state police have my florida address I updated it with them. So sportsman guide says and I quote "ANYTHING AT ALL GUN RELATED FOR ENTIRE STATE OF ILLINOIS MAY ONLY BE PURCHASED WITH A VALID FOID AND VALID STATE ID NO EXCEPTIONS ANYTHING AT ALL GUN RELATED" OK so no problem a FOID is a STATE ID ! AND Illinois does require if you have trips to illinois often and owning a property a foid for illinois "at least thats what a foid office officer told me " no problem so now they refuse to send the mags to illinois.

So I go coyote hunting with only 1 mag and I didn't cancel order because the same order has 14 30 round ar mags ! HMMM funny how when you have anything climbing in value for a ar they try hard to cancel the orders and or delay to see how they can make even a HUGER PROFIT !

Ok so I want to know since when do you need a foid for a magazine, or a scope or a case, or a sling, or even a new gun safety lever?????

From what I know FOID is only for GUNS and AMMO ! Am I mistaken ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #2

Liked 124 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 213

try J&G....or midway usa....unlike sportsmans and CTD, they dont have ridiculous "cover our ass" policies because they're too lazy to know the current laws or restrictions themselves.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #3

well the deals i got were so good that i just said no problem send it to florida where i won't be ok. and they said ok lol wtf they are total 'MORANS LOL" such moronic rules a scope foid wtf lol

Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #4

Liked 1109 Times on 720 Posts
Likes Given: 1980

Unfortunantly they make their own rules. I personally would have canceled my order with them mags or no mags

Old 01-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #5

they wanted me to cancel but i didn't let them they had my 100 back ordered ar mags they sold cheap a few weeks ago. they were foaming at mouth wanting me to cancel F them I just get them at florida house. I paid like $7 per mag and we all know what they are worth now no matter what brand

Old 01-15-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Per current law only time a FOID is needed is for Firearms and loaded ammo.

I got asked awhile back at Gander Mtn. for my FOID card when I was
purchasing lead shot, I had the manager come down, we had a nice chat.
I left the store with my lead and they never saw my FOID.

These idiots vote.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy