Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Illinois FOID for all gun acc now ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/illinois-foid-all-gun-acc-now-80962/)

eltoro 01-11-2013 02:08 AM

Illinois FOID for all gun acc now ?

So I ordered a couple mags for a 30-06 rifle and asked for them to be shipped to Illinois because i am going coyote hunting in Illinois with some friends next week and working on my rental property. and the fine folks at Sportsman guide refused to ship to illinois at first after arguing he said you must have a illinois id and foid ! incorrect a valid foid ok but id also no.

My case is a foid with illinois address and florida dl since I am florida homesteaded "florida rules " now FOID because I goto illinois and want to have a gun for protection while in illinois and foid state police have my florida address I updated it with them. So sportsman guide says and I quote "ANYTHING AT ALL GUN RELATED FOR ENTIRE STATE OF ILLINOIS MAY ONLY BE PURCHASED WITH A VALID FOID AND VALID STATE ID NO EXCEPTIONS ANYTHING AT ALL GUN RELATED" OK so no problem a FOID is a STATE ID ! AND Illinois does require if you have trips to illinois often and owning a property a foid for illinois "at least thats what a foid office officer told me " no problem so now they refuse to send the mags to illinois.

So I go coyote hunting with only 1 mag :( and I didn't cancel order because the same order has 14 30 round ar mags ! HMMM funny how when you have anything climbing in value for a ar they try hard to cancel the orders and or delay to see how they can make even a HUGER PROFIT !

Ok so I want to know since when do you need a foid for a magazine, or a scope or a case, or a sling, or even a new gun safety lever?????

From what I know FOID is only for GUNS and AMMO ! Am I mistaken ?

Mack Bolan 01-11-2013 09:28 PM

try J&G....or midway usa....unlike sportsmans and CTD, they dont have ridiculous "cover our ass" policies because they're too lazy to know the current laws or restrictions themselves.

eltoro 01-11-2013 09:56 PM

well the deals i got were so good that i just said no problem send it to florida where i won't be ok. and they said ok lol wtf they are total 'MORANS LOL" such moronic rules a scope foid wtf lol

purehavoc 01-11-2013 09:56 PM

Unfortunantly they make their own rules. I personally would have canceled my order with them mags or no mags

eltoro 01-12-2013 04:58 AM

they wanted me to cancel but i didn't let them they had my 100 back ordered ar mags they sold cheap a few weeks ago. they were foaming at mouth wanting me to cancel ;) F them I just get them at florida house. I paid like $7 per mag and we all know what they are worth now no matter what brand ;)

Shade 01-15-2013 02:19 AM

Per current law only time a FOID is needed is for Firearms and loaded ammo.

I got asked awhile back at Gander Mtn. for my FOID card when I was
purchasing lead shot, I had the manager come down, we had a nice chat.
I left the store with my lead and they never saw my FOID.

These idiots vote.