Illinois Counties Flexing Muscle...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois Counties Flexing Muscle...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default Illinois Counties Flexing Muscle...

http://daily-journal.com/archives/dj/display.php?id=504741

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

It's great news but is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. But at least they are doing it, and people take notice. In that regards I guess it's not meaningless. Too bad the state can't get off their asses and stop with the shenanigans and circus act. The least 4 weeks have been a complete mockery of the system.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

This is great news to me, as im from kankakee county!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #4

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 229

well....i hope most counties other than cook can follow suit....

and thankfully my place in the city has gone under contract and my wife and i should close on a house in DuPage before the end of march....meaning i'm finally out of that hell hole and their BS legislation. i will finally be able to clean my gun.....I mean my firearms in my garage

I know with respect to gun laws illinois is no way a gun friendly state or place to live but moving out of cook county into most any another illinois county is like going from a maximum security prison to a work release farm.....still blows in the big picture but much much better if you cant just up and move out of the state.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 03-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Not every location in Illinois is the same. Most downstate LEOs look the other way on CCW unless they need it because you have been doing something stupid. The same is true for most State's Attorney offices.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
It's great news but is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. But at least they are doing it, and people take notice. In that regards I guess it's not meaningless. Too bad the state can't get off their asses and stop with the shenanigans and circus act. The least 4 weeks have been a complete mockery of the system.
Not really meaningless, it sends the message that IL citizens and local
govt is not happy with Springfield.

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Last edited by Shade; 03-17-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7092 Times on 4269 Posts
Likes Given: 8600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
and thankfully my place in the city has gone under contract and my wife and i should close on a house in DuPage before the end of march....meaning i'm finally out of that hell hole and their BS legislation. i will finally be able to clean my gun.....I mean my firearms in my garage

I know with respect to gun laws illinois is no way a gun friendly state or place to live but moving out of cook county into most any another illinois county is like going from a maximum security prison to a work release farm.....still blows in the big picture but much much better if you cant just up and move out of the state.

Well, I'm not too sure any of the "collar counties" are much better than Cook County. Personally, I think you need to be further away to get any real relief from Cook County.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #8

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, I'm not too sure any of the "collar counties" are much better than Cook County. Personally, I think you need to be further away to get any real relief from Cook County.
You're not? Have you lived in cook county and any other collar counties from which to base that on because I would be most curious as to your experiences in both counties that would lead you to believe that. Dont get me wrong I appreciate your concern, but I mean, being out of cook county jurisdiction (laws and taxes) alone is enough relief in itself, I'm not sure what further away would really offer us that the collar counties don't, unless I was looking to shoot on my property (which I'm not, just worry free storage and a nice garage to reload in).

Either way we couldn't base our decision entirely on what was best for my firearm hobbies and enthusiasm but also on where we could go that would allow us both to keep our good jobs and also raise children in better than average school districts.

If our job situations change and we can move out of state, we most definitely wont hesitate, until then it will be the pursuit of a cabin and acreage likely a few hours away in michigan that will provide the ultimate relief....but one step at a time.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Lake County isn't much better than Cook. LOTS of uber Liberals on the Lake County North shore.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
You're not? Have you lived in cook county and any other collar counties from which to base that on because I would be most curious as to your experiences in both counties that would lead you to believe that. Dont get me wrong I appreciate your concern, but I mean, being out of cook county jurisdiction (laws and taxes) alone is enough relief in itself, I'm not sure what further away would really offer us that the collar counties don't, unless I was looking to shoot on my property (which I'm not, just worry free storage and a nice garage to reload in).

Either way we couldn't base our decision entirely on what was best for my firearm hobbies and enthusiasm but also on where we could go that would allow us both to keep our good jobs and also raise children in better than average school districts.

If our job situations change and we can move out of state, we most definitely wont hesitate, until then it will be the pursuit of a cabin and acreage likely a few hours away in michigan that will provide the ultimate relief....but one step at a time.
I would tend to agree with her if not so much the laws as the attitude
towards firearms. I was born in Kane grew up in Lake and McHenry,
lived my adult life in Cook, Will and the last 18 years in Kankakee County.

Today if my neighbors saw me walking around my property with my AR
they would come over to see it and shoot it. Try that in DuPage...