Illinois ccw - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum >

Illinois ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 36 Times on 33 Posts

This is ridiculous, they want an application fee of $150, and a renewal fee every 5 years of $150.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #42

Liked 370 Times on 213 Posts
Likes Given: 70

This bill will not be kicked to the curb. They are going to shave some hair off it but it is going to pass with warts, bad cuts and blemishes. This is now at the point where the politicians who are on the bubble for both sides are going to go with either the anti gunner's bills or this one, regardless of what position they had been holding. They are not, repeat NOT, going to let this issue run out the clock on 6/9.

Personally, I think the fees are borderline illegal when you highlight the single mother or the elderly on a fixed income. That is jus one of many problems I see in this bill.

What are you going to be doing for 16 hours in the training class? Selling black market ammo? That's a lot of time to fill. How can the average Joe and Mary get away from work and family for that?

Read the bill for yourself. Don't wait for the talking heads to tell you what it says.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

My email today to Rep. Phelps and my Rep. Kate Cloonen.

We will see. I don't like it.

Quote:
Rep. Phelps,

I have read the 149 pages of the "compromise" CCW. All I can say is I am not happy with it, I would rather go the distance and see what happens after June 9th. This is extremely expensive most people, in particular the citizen in high crime area of our state will not be able to afford it. The requirements are not realistic or reasonable. Please push back harder and get the requirements reduced.

$50 fee max.
4-8 hour class.
The marksmanship requirement I am fine with.
Our FOID card app already covers a background check and mental health check we do not need to replicate that.

Mass transit is one of the primary places you need it but you can't that is silly.

Please stand up to Madigan!

Thanks,

IllinoisCarry.com comments...

Quote:
16 Days to Deadline

Carry Bill SB2193 Passed Out Of House Committee Today

After many years of working to advance a Right to Carry bill, there is a viable proposal on the table. This bill, SB 2193, sponsored by Rep. Brandon Phelps, is not a perfect bill but it does have several good points.

* Shall issue
* Statewide pre-emption of all gun laws
* Commercially available training
* Vehicles will be a safe haven

However, the bill does call for

* 16 hours of training, some previous training will count toward those hours
* $150 license fee for five years
* Carry on mass transportation prohibited

This bill, if passed, will bring Right to Carry to Illinois, but due to the restrictions in the bill we are neutral on the bill.

While many people have been involved in this effort, Rep. Brandon Phelps has demonstrated superior leadership and should be commended for his resolve.

IllinoisCarry

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 05-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #44
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Im saying the same thing , the cheapest classes around here are $150 @ 8 hrs , which is cheap but a great class . Now is the average person going to be able to afford this ? NO!!!!! Now you have $300 in classes and another $150 for the permit . Then another 3 hrs training every 5 years That is ridiculous. Then a mental and background check ? Dont they already do this for the FOID ? I think they will kick this one to the curb . I truly think that they want to drag this out til the 9th and provide constitutional carry . Thats is what is affordable to the people
Bud at Buffalo Range is planning on having $75 classes FWIW.

The powers that be are claiming it's this or a worse bill, claiming the legislators don't want it going to June 9th cliff. I don't know what to think. I am not privy to the negotiations. The fact that Illinois Carry and the ISRA are both taking a neutral stance, rather than a stance of opposition, and both praising Phelps for his hard work has got to mean something.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #45
CGS

I was bitchign and moaning today about this and my wife said after I explained the bill, "Well Honey it's a start at least. It's better than you have now."

If it weren't politics I would be willing to make the compromise, however I know once we give up some rights it's very very hard to get them back. Still neutral at this time. I may just take a neutral stance all the way to the finish line and see what happens. Every bill to date I had an opinion on, and this one I think sucks, but if it is LITERALLY this one of the bad senate one... Man tough choice. Gotta keep asking myself why the powers that be are taking neutral stances. Perhaps they know something we do not.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
Perhaps they know something we do not.
I am sure they do, but I doubt we will ever find out... That I do not like.

What scares me is Madigan supports this bill, that snake I never have
and never will trust. He should get a room next to Blago.

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #47
CGS

Hey Shade, By the way, what name do you post under at IC, if you don't mind me asking?

Old 05-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
Hey Shade, By the way, what name do you post under at IC, if you don't mind me asking?
Same name, Shade. I don't post much there.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

The fees are ridiculous, but unfortunately what are our options. Vote for this and pass it, or don't and hope (strong hope) that the politicians don't freak out and pass Kwame's bill? Otherwise it's to the cliff we go at which point someone is going to get arrested and will have to fight their way out of it even though they never broke a law. I am going to have a hard time coming up with the cash for the class and the permit taking into account that's also 2 days off of work, however I know some of your wives or significant others will want to carry as well so double the standard fees.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3
The fees are ridiculous, but unfortunately what are our options.
Our option is to fight for our rights. Not a compromise.