Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois ccw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post

Yeah, no joke! I live next door and very rarely cross state lines but when I do, it'd b nice to not have to stop and lock up my gun in the trunk. There's a lot of things on your side of the fence I don't agree with. You should just come join me in Indiana lol
Agreed, we've talked about moving to indiana, and id love to. My job is only 30 mins from munster, and im a huge beer guy. Would love to be closer to three floyds as well. Maybe someday just not financially possible right now

Old 05-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #32

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I think it would help crime rate there in IL if you guys had gun laws like we have here in MT. We can open carry without a permit or conceal carry in city limits with a CCW. Outside city limits you can conceal carry without a permit.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #33

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fickenmeimirish

Agreed, we've talked about moving to indiana, and id love to. My job is only 30 mins from munster, and im a huge beer guy. Would love to be closer to three floyds as well. Maybe someday just not financially possible right now
Haha, only thing I head your way for is beer on Sunday lol. We like beer I live about 30 minutes west of terre haute, so it's not too bad of a drive

Old 05-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

The Madigan/Phelps compromise. Politics at its most corrupt.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/SB/09800SB2193ham001.htm

Wonder what they bought Phelps off with...

149 pages of BS!!!

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 05-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #35

Liked 194 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I skimmed over as much as I could last night and have some thoughts, but I'll hold them until I go back thru it, other than to say there is quite of bit of vagueness. Today thru the weekend will determine where this bill is going to end up.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #36
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My position on this bill is currently neutral. I think we need some amendments to get my support. I however do not think I would file a witness slip in opposition.

The people who have worked for YEARS to negotiate a bill claim this is the best we are going to get. ToddV and a few others have stated that it's either Phelps bill or Kwamnes (sp?) bill, that the legislators don't want to go over the June 9th cliff.

This really has ALOT of people up in arms over at IllinoisCarry. Hopefully some amendments get tacked one that clarify some vagueness to some of the language. Alot of people have brought up some very valid points that need to be clarified at the very least.

No doubt this bill is no where near ideal for a pro carry person such as myself. I see a long battle ahead, for the next many years, trying to improve this steaming pile of manure. The carry fight will never be OVER in Illinois.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #37

Liked 265 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 50

It's truly sad that Illinois has given authority over CCW isues to people who clearly have no idea about a guns purpose, it's operation, it's design or it's nomenclature. If the Illinois laws are passed, as written, it's clear that the only ones who will be able to legally carry are those who have been shot, robbed, raped or suffered home invasions. Down here in Missouri, we have two terms to describe those people, those who would commit these types of crimes. Rare, and wounded. Everyone here has guns for sport or protection. And just about everyone has a gun in their vehicle. Shotguns in the bedroom, "bed buddies" ready to go. If Illionois lawmakers wanted a REAL law for CCW (which they do not) all they would have to do is see what states have successfully enacted one, see which states have low crime rate, and draft a similar law. It really is that simple. Unfortunately Illinois has never taken the phrase "for the people" literally. It's always been about how to herd the victims of the state into the overtaxed, fearful state they currently live in. Yes, I used to live in IL.....glad that time is over.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #38

Liked 194 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 37

A Governor appointed review board for permits that were denied?

16 hours of training and fees from $300-$500?

It is a turd with sugar on top.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post

Correction
Fees $150 - 500.

not too sure about the sugar...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #40

Liked 1116 Times on 725 Posts
Likes Given: 1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post

Im saying the same thing , the cheapest classes around here are $150 @ 8 hrs , which is cheap but a great class . Now is the average person going to be able to afford this ? NO!!!!! Now you have $300 in classes and another $150 for the permit . Then another 3 hrs training every 5 years That is ridiculous. Then a mental and background check ? Dont they already do this for the FOID ? I think they will kick this one to the curb . I truly think that they want to drag this out til the 9th and provide constitutional carry . Thats is what is affordable to the people

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens