Illinois CC Instructors can apply for CCL early!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois CC Instructors can apply for CCL early!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Default Illinois CC Instructors can apply for CCL early!

Damn I am going to purchase a lottery ticket tonight!!!

Quote:
The Illinois State Police (ISP) is pleased to announce that the Concealed Carry Licensing application is being opened to currently registered Concealed Carry Instructors (CCI). Effective Wednesday, December 18, 2013, all CCI can electronically apply for a Concealed Carry License (CCL) by clicking on the Concealed Carry link from the ISP website at www.isp.state.il.us. This early release will allow the ISP to test the system and ensure there are no problems prior to the public release on January 5, 2014. To apply, you will be required to include the Transaction Control Number (TCN) you received when fingerprinted as a CCI.

Your TCN is: xxxxxxx.

As an early participant, you are being asked to answer the questions below to assist the ISP in meeting the needs of the public.

QUESTIONS: Please send responses to the below questions to: CCW_Illinois@isp.state.il.us

1. How many individuals have you trained for the Illinois Concealed Carry Act firearm training requirement to date?

2. How many individuals do you have scheduled for Illinois Concealed Carry Act firearm training up through January 5, 2014?

3. As a CCI, will you be willing to assist your students with the electronic CCL application?

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #2
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ahh you beat me to it. I was just coming to post.

Since the application process will be so hanky and cumbersome I am putting together an instructional video I will share with my students.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 12-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
Since the application process will be so hanky and cumbersome I am
putting together an instructional video I will share with my students.
I did not think the CCI apps were bad or the Curriculum app was bad.

I think the ISP has been doing a decent job, they are just hindered by
Crooks in Springfield...

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 12-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I'm just waiting to see if the website will crash come January 5th. Will it be able to handle the flow of a couple hundred thousand people uploading files?

Old 12-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #5
CGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade View Post
I did not think the CCI apps were bad or the Curriculum app was bad.

I think the ISP has been doing a decent job, they are just hindered by
Crooks in Springfield...

The problem is the digital signature website is so outdated and clunky and allows absolutely no margin for error. Alot of people have been having problems with it. Also the application process requires digital photo and certificate which is not a problem for some people, but certainly is for others.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com

Old 12-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #6
CGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
I'm just waiting to see if the website will crash come January 5th. Will it be able to handle the flow of a couple hundred thousand people uploading files?
I truly don't think there will be a couple hundred thousand applicants. Maybe 50,000 in my estimation. Certainly by the end of the year there will be a few hundred thousand but not the first day.

By the way non instructors can begin the application process and proceed up to 70% now and finish the final 30% on Jan 5th.

-Thomas

Old 12-19-2013, 04:37 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYCHOFREAK3 View Post
I have to give credit to the ISP I think they have done a good job with getting
this program up and running, has it been perfect, no, but I do not have any
major complaints and as bugs have cropped up they have worked through
them in a timely manner.

Quote:
The problem is the digital signature website is so outdated and clunky and allows absolutely no margin for error. Alot of people have been having problems with it. Also the application process requires digital photo and certificate which is not a problem for some people, but certainly is for others.
Once I upgraded my JAVA to the current version I did not have any issues,
Java was an issue on my machine not with their site. I did not think it was
clunky, was easy to move through.

Yes as far as a digital photo and electronic certificate, I see an extra service I
can provide for my students down the road.

The whole application include scanning my doc taking my photo and creating
my digital id and accounts was less than 30 minutes. Not counting the time
to upgrade my Windows system and Java software.

Quote:
I truly don't think there will be a couple hundred thousand applicants. Maybe 50,000 in my estimation. Certainly by the end of the year there will be a few hundred thousand but not the first day.
If even that many I know a lot of my students are waiting to see how it fires
up the first week or two, then they are going to get their prints/TCN number
and then apply.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #8

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This is going to be a Historic moment for gun owners in every state. When the first Illinois Residents are issued a CCW it will represent one of the the most important firearms decisions in the country.
Everyone who claims the American court system does not work needs to rethink their views.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #9
CGS

I don't want to argue, but JAVA should not be a requirement. I purposely don't have it on my machines because it is known for security issues, and I try to run as few 3rd party add ons as possible. The digital signature can be done without JAVA, and just because you and I know how to install JAVA doesn't mean everyone knows. It's a hurdle that simply should not exist. It's not necessarily the ISP fault because the digital signature is something used on multiple Illinois government websites, but it is outdated and clunky.

Furthermore if you read the faq's for digital signature it requires IE. Some people told me they were able to do it with firefox. I was not. Infact I had to downgrade my IE version to make it work, wouldn't work with IE11. Again I am talking about the digital signature website being clunky. Don't you think a government website should be cross browser compatible? Lots of people with Chrome told me no how no way.

Lots of people complaining at Illinois Carry, which isn't unusual LOL however when it's more so than usual and the complaints are very similar; there might be something to it.

I agree with the 30 minutes, I coulda done it quicker if I had my document already scanned and pic already taken. I didn't know what format they would want so I purposely hadn't done any of that until I knew.

Personally speaking, I wish the state police completely did away with the digital signature thing and it would be a much much quicker process. The hardest part is the darned digital signature. A very many people had problems with that.

-Thomas

Shade Likes This 
Old 12-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I don't want to argue, but JAVA should not be a requirement. I purposely don't have it on my machines because it is known for security issues, and I try to run as few 3rd party add ons as possible. The digital signature can be done without JAVA, and just because you and I know how to install JAVA doesn't mean everyone knows. It's a hurdle that simply should not exist. It's not necessarily the ISP fault because the digital signature is something used on multiple Illinois government websites, but it is outdated and clunky.

Furthermore if you read the faq's for digital signature it requires IE. Some people told me they were able to do it with firefox. I was not. Infact I had to downgrade my IE version to make it work, wouldn't work with IE11. Again I am talking about the digital signature website being clunky. Don't you think a government website should be cross browser compatible? Lots of people with Chrome told me no how no way.

Lots of people complaining at Illinois Carry, which isn't unusual LOL however when it's more so than usual and the complaints are very similar; there might be something to it.

I agree with the 30 minutes, I coulda done it quicker if I had my document already scanned and pic already taken. I didn't know what format they would want so I purposely hadn't done any of that until I knew.

Personally speaking, I wish the state police completely did away with the digital signature thing and it would be a much much quicker process. The hardest part is the darned digital signature. A very many people had problems with that.
No argument, just fair discussion. While I agree that it would be nice to be
cross compatible, that cost money and tax dollars, even if it is minimal, yes
they do waste far more in Springfield daily than it would really cost.

But the same argument could be made for people who do not own a
computer, how do they apply. The should have a snail mail and paper option
but that cost money they save a lot of man hours having citizen enter the
data.

PS. I have IE10 and it worked fine once I updated my JAVA.