Illinois Carry Concealed Training Courses

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois Carry Concealed Training Courses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Illinois Carry Concealed Training Courses

The Illinois State Police began accepting applications for carry concealed trainers and finally released their curriculum requirements.

I'm going to start teaching classes as soon as the ISP will allow, probably late September or early October, so if anyone wants to be put on a list to be notified just shoot me an email... chicagoguy@chicagogunsmith.com

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #2

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

When will the state of Illinois start issuing CC permits?

Old 11-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 82 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Taking apps in January, start issuing around March/April.

This the the projected estimate; the ISP could post the applications today and move the timetable up by months. Possible but not expected.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Right now the Illinois State Police has said applications would be available for carry conceal licensees right around January 5th. So we get an extra day to celebrate this holiday season!

Having said that per the law there will be a 30 day limbo period. The state has either 90 or 120 days to issue or deny the CCL. So you'd be looking at April 6th being the 1st deadline for permit issuance. I foresee a truck load of next day mail hitting Springfield January 6th! I am being optimistic that since there will be no back log the first few hundred applicants will get processed rather quickly, maybe we will see permits as early as March. Especially, maybe, hopefully for us instructors who have already gone through the whole back ground check already to become instructors.

However there is some pessimism about the dead lines. The reason for the pessimism is due to the FOID law and how horribly the whole FOID system has been bumbeled. As per the FOID law we have 30 days to receive our FOID cards once applied for or renewed. However it is not unusual for some people to have been waiting 9 months for their FOID cards!

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 11-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Taking apps in January, start issuing around March/April.

This the the projected estimate; the ISP could post the applications today and move the timetable up by months. Possible but not expected.
The deadline is 1/5/14; quinn will not let them post is any earlier than the
last minute. I have had several conversation with the ISP, turns out one of
the officers is a good friend of my next door neighbor (both are retired ISP
Trooper, the old school troopers) he confirms that the politicians are slowing
things down as much as they can.

I would expect concealed carry licenses to start to trickle out in Feb, by
March and April they should be in full swing.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy