Illinois carry???? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois carry????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
**********, we're not all like that in Chicago. There's a high number of people forking out hundreds of dollars to get a Chicago firearm permit (like me) and all these people wish our politics were different. And I just read the article previously posted, it does sound like a lot of people don't vote and then complain and blame it on us. Not living in Chicago doesn't somehow make you a superior, more intelligent individual and I've met quite a few highly uneducated people from other parts of the state, see where I'm going if I generalize like you do?
I don't mean people like you. I understand there are still a few good people in the city, but you have admit the numbers are not on your side.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:54 AM   #42

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
I don't mean people like you. I understand there are still a few good people in the city, but you have admit the numbers are not on your side.
Don't worry I didn't take it personally and I knew you didn't mean to generalize, I was just letting you know how it came out. I just wanted to put the emphasis on the fact that there are still some good people out here in Chicago

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #43

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I work with a guy that lives in Chicago. We had a meeting and he was asking some of us what he should do. His neighborhood has gotten so bad he had to put a fence around his property to keep the gang banger's out.

We told him to get a 12 gauge shotgun and we would train him on how to use it. Then he has to get a permit to have it in his house. He said if he was younger he would move to the suburbs

I wouldn't blame the good folks that live in the city it's the politicians that run it. They get reelected ever year by their army of welfare recipients that do vote.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #44

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvw3 View Post
I work with a guy that lives in Chicago. We had a meeting and he was asking some of us what he should do. His neighborhood has gotten so bad he had to put a fence around his property to keep the gang banger's out.

We told him to get a 12 gauge shotgun and we would train him on how to use it. Then he has to get a permit to have it in his house. He said if he was younger he would move to the suburbs

I wouldn't blame the good folks that live in the city it's the politicians that run it. They get reelected ever year by their army of welfare recipients that do vote.
I don't think anyone is blaming the good folks at all...at least not that I've seen. But it sort of goes without saying that Chicago has a reputation, it might not be fair to the few good people that live there, but still.

There were good people in the Nazi Regime who snuck around and helped jews escape. (Sorry for the Nazi reference, they just seem to set an example for everything...)

Old 09-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #45

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

If I seem hostile towards Chicago, it's only because I'm sick of them (the Chicago politicians and Cook county) thinking they can control the rest of the state. Illinois is a rather large state, go an hour south and it's farm country and those people, for the most part, have an entirely different attitude about life than most folks in the city. I deal with the public everyday and with the exception of people from Naperville, I find my customers from the city to have a huge attitude. I understand that there are still some good folks still in the city, but they don't seem to be the norm. I have a friend that moved to the city a few years ago (why I have no clue), he was assaulted and hurt pretty badly in his own home not even a year after he moved in. Why the people who live in the city are putting up with the absurd laws that limit their natural right to life is beyond me. Are there not enough people in the city who want to change things and regain the ability to defend their homes and families? I don't vote in Cook county so I can't really do much to change things there, but I sure try to do my part in Will. BTW here is a link to my friends story. He was cut with the knife part of a wine opener/cork screw.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-31/news/chi-two-men-fight-attacker-demanding-beer-20111030_1_timothy-snyder-roommate-tony

Last edited by JD1969; 09-01-2012 at 05:01 PM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I'll be going up to the SW Suburbs tomorrow to visit some family. I'll be bringing the 1911 with a couple of loaded mags. It will be in a hardcase on the floorboard of the car. I won't set foot in the city until their rediculous laws are changed. I also fiil-up the car on the way so I don't have to spend any money in Cook County.

Old 09-03-2012, 06:38 AM   #47

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If you get pulled over just don't tell them you have it. You are protected under the 4th amendment sir.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 337 Times on 198 Posts
Likes Given: 64

It is perfectly legal to carry an unloaded gun in my car in a case. It can be on my lap if I want it to be.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #49

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Roger that, I hope the laws change in Chicago for citizens to carry. Crime would decrease I willing to bet anything.

Old 09-18-2012, 01:07 AM   #50

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

I just moved from near Chicago to Mobile, AL, One of the first things I did after changing my driver's license to Alabama was walk into the Mobile County Sheriff's Office. Less than 25 minutes later I walked out with my carry pistol permit.

Screw Illinois and their anti-gun laws!