Illinois carry???? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois carry????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I say every law abiding citizen that legal possesses firearms we all head to Chicago and DEMAND right to carry. We the people outnumber those bastards. What would they do? Arrest everyone??

Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockaholic
I say every law abiding citizen that legal possesses firearms we all head to Chicago and DEMAND right to carry. We the people outnumber those bastards. What would they do? Arrest everyone??
Yes they would and RE would parade all of them through the streets.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Sounds like we're on the same page anyways..."we" had it in the bag last election...but too many of "Us" set at home and said "Chicago decides our politics for us, my vote doesn't count"

and thus, it came to be. (Self fulfilling prophecy)

So since then i've made it my personal goal to knock some sense into everyone I run into on a daily basis that says that. (im not saying you said that...just stating a personal mission of mine in passing)

Chicago decides nothing "For us" they just want it more than we do. That can easily change.

12.9 million people in Illinois

5.2 million people in Crook County (Of which, 2.7 million reside in Chicago)

"We" are the majority. "We" just have to start acting like it
Results from the 2010 Illinois Governor's race. Red = counties voted Republican. Blue = counties voted Democrat.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #24

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Results from the 2010 Illinois Governor's race. Red = counties voted Republican. Blue = counties voted Democrat.
That's fine ... Governors are elected by popular vote not electoral ... So if 5 people voted in one county for republican... That county goes red but does nothing to compete with the 5000 people who voted democrat next to them

Illinois problem is lethargic behavior... It's too easy for most people to sit around and blame Chicago than to get off their duffs and just go vote
JD1969 Likes This 
Old 08-27-2012, 01:51 PM   #25

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockaholic View Post
What good would that do? Chicago does not make the laws (even if they think they do). A better course of action would be to attend the next IGOLD in Springfield, write your local and state politicians and become active in the ISRA. And yes if you went into Chicago with a handgun, there is very good chance you would be arrested or worse.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Your more then likely right, but admit its not fair to all them innocent that just want to protect themselves or family. If I lived there I would i conceal in Chicago, I mean my life is more important then some anti carry law. Life over law I'd fight a case before I'd let some punk thug take me or my family's life.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockaholic View Post
Your more then likely right, but admit its not fair to all them innocent that just want to protect themselves or family. If I lived there I would i conceal in Chicago, I mean my life is more important then some anti carry law. Life over law I'd fight a case before I'd let some punk thug take me or my family's life.
I don't think you're morally wrong, the sad part is, you might save your life, or your family members life, but you'll be spending the next 5-10 (or more) in Prison because it's a serious offense in Illinois (even if you can prove it's justified)

Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #28

My apologies Scott, i'm not sure if you had posted that to help accentuate the point or to argue against it? But to further the point I was trying to make, I dug up some county election results ... those incoming very soon

Old 08-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #29
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
My apologies Scott, i'm not sure if you had posted that to help accentuate the point or to argue against it? But to further the point I was trying to make, I dug up some county election results ... those incoming very soon
I am no supporter of Quinn and his ilk.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
I am no supporter of Quinn and his ilk.
What I meant was I did not know if you had posted the Map to say that Chicago *IS* the problem or to support the idea that Chicago is not the problem =)

It's no secret you're not a Quinn fan