Illinois carry???? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois carry????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No the Illinois government is commi bastards and don't allow carry unless your law enforcement. Makes me sick, if I lived there I would cowboy it up.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:34 PM   #12

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I live 40 miles from Chicago. I never go there. I live in Cook county but buy nothing here. I drive a few miles to DuPage county as the sales tax is 3% less.

I can't blame anyone for bypassing Chicago or Illinois. The taxes are a real killer here.

Criminals advocate stronger gun laws to foster a safer work environment. This limits their exposure to risk.

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

There is no talk of the law changing, however the District Attorney in McClean County (Bloomington Normal) has publicly stated that he will not prosecute those who carry in his district. That does not mean you cannot be arrested for carrying, however, it does mean that he will not take the case to court. A District Attorney decides which cases to prosecute and which cases not to. Being as the police will most likely not approve of carrying, regardless of the DA's attitude, I wouldn't recommend it.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #14

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
There is no talk of the law changing
There's been a lot of action, especially last year, at this point all it really takes is a Governor worth 2 farts in the wind and we might see some light at the end of the tunnel...

Old 08-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
There's been a lot of action, especially last year, at this point all it really takes is a Governor worth 2 farts in the wind and we might see some light at the end of the tunnel...
You're right, but I've been in Illinois all my life and have seen multiple governors indicted. Not holding my breath for a decent one.....
Old 08-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #16

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Although I would openly support a good candidate... but alas, I should not be rude and divulge my political ramblings!

Old 08-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndork2 View Post
Although I would openly support a good candidate... but alas, I should not be rude and divulge my political ramblings!
Sounds like we're on the same page anyways..."we" had it in the bag last election...but too many of "Us" set at home and said "Chicago decides our politics for us, my vote doesn't count"

and thus, it came to be. (Self fulfilling prophecy)

So since then i've made it my personal goal to knock some sense into everyone I run into on a daily basis that says that. (im not saying you said that...just stating a personal mission of mine in passing)

Chicago decides nothing "For us" they just want it more than we do. That can easily change.

12.9 million people in Illinois

5.2 million people in Crook County (Of which, 2.7 million reside in Chicago)

"We" are the majority. "We" just have to start acting like it

Old 08-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in the St. Louis Metro Area and do a lot of business across the river in IL. What if I unload, remove clip and leave slide open. I leave them locked in a case under seats (vault with cable).
Is this enough? My boss said he also puts a cable lock on his. I drive a single cab fill sized truck so a trunk is not an option. Should I make sure it's under passenger seat instead of drivers side?

Old 08-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbergersworth View Post
I live in the St. Louis Metro Area and do a lot of business across the river in IL. What if I unload, remove magazine and leave slide open. I leave them locked in a case under seats (vault with cable).
Is this enough? My boss said he also puts a cable lock on his. I drive a single cab fill sized truck so a trunk is not an option. Should I make sure it's under passenger seat instead of drivers side?
fixed it for you =)

Just check out FOID law

Quote:
(430 ILCS 65/2) (from Ch. 38, par. 83-2)
Sec. 2. Firearm Owner's Identification Card required; exceptions.
(a) (1) No person may acquire or possess any firearm,

stun gun, or taser within this State without having in his or her possession a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police under the provisions of this Act.
(2) No person may acquire or possess firearm

ammunition within this State without having in his or her possession a Firearm Owner's Identification Card previously issued in his or her name by the Department of State Police under the provisions of this Act.
(b) The provisions of this Section regarding the possession of firearms, firearm ammunition, stun guns, and tasers do not apply to:
(1) United States Marshals, while engaged in the

operation of their official duties;
(2) Members of the Armed Forces of the United States

or the National Guard, while engaged in the operation of their official duties;
(3) Federal officials required to carry firearms,

while engaged in the operation of their official duties;
(4) Members of bona fide veterans organizations which

receive firearms directly from the armed forces of the United States, while using the firearms for ceremonial purposes with blank ammunition;
(5) Nonresident hunters during hunting season, with

valid nonresident hunting licenses and while in an area where hunting is permitted; however, at all other times and in all other places these persons must have their firearms unloaded and enclosed in a case;
(6) Those hunters exempt from obtaining a hunting

license who are required to submit their Firearm Owner's Identification Card when hunting on Department of Natural Resources owned or managed sites;
(7) Nonresidents while on a firing or shooting range

recognized by the Department of State Police; however, these persons must at all other times and in all other places have their firearms unloaded and enclosed in a case;
(8) Nonresidents while at a firearm showing or

display recognized by the Department of State Police; however, at all other times and in all other places these persons must have their firearms unloaded and enclosed in a case;
(9) Nonresidents whose firearms are unloaded and

enclosed in a case;
(10) Nonresidents who are currently licensed or

registered to possess a firearm in their resident state;
(11) Unemancipated minors while in the custody and

immediate control of their parent or legal guardian or other person in loco parentis to the minor if the parent or legal guardian or other person in loco parentis to the minor has a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card;
(12) Color guards of bona fide veterans organizations

or members of bona fide American Legion bands while using firearms for ceremonial purposes with blank ammunition;
(13) Nonresident hunters whose state of residence

does not require them to be licensed or registered to possess a firearm and only during hunting season, with valid hunting licenses, while accompanied by, and using a firearm owned by, a person who possesses a valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card and while in an area within a commercial club licensed under the Wildlife Code where hunting is permitted and controlled, but in no instance upon sites owned or managed by the Department of Natural Resources;
(14) Resident hunters who are properly authorized to

hunt and, while accompanied by a person who possesses a valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card, hunt in an area within a commercial club licensed under the Wildlife Code where hunting is permitted and controlled;
(15) A person who is otherwise eligible to obtain a

Firearm Owner's Identification Card under this Act and is under the direct supervision of a holder of a Firearm Owner's Identification Card who is 21 years of age or older while the person is on a firing or shooting range or is a participant in a firearms safety and training course recognized by a law enforcement agency or a national, statewide shooting sports organization; and
(16) Competitive shooting athletes whose competition

firearms are sanctioned by the International Olympic Committee, the International Paralympic Committee, the International Shooting Sport Federation, or USA Shooting in connection with such athletes' training for and participation in shooting competitions at the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games and sanctioned test events leading up to the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
(c) The provisions of this Section regarding the acquisition and possession of firearms, firearm ammunition, stun guns, and tasers do not apply to law enforcement officials of this or any other jurisdiction, while engaged in the operation of their official duties.
(Source: P.A. 96-7, eff. 4-3-09.)
and this is from the Illinois State Police

Quote:
Non- residents must be legally eligible to possess or acquire firearms and ammunition in their state of residence. It is recommended that, in order to be in compliance with all statutes, non-residents transport all firearms:

Unloaded, and
Enclosed in a case, and
Not immediately accessible or broken down in a nonfunctioning state.

But I caution you, this is Illinois, the land of the dumbest people in the entire country.

Not even the Illinois State Police are all in line with the law, and some of them even get it wrong, as we all found out from a fellow member from this very forum when he was denied the sale of ammunition at a Chicago area Bass Pro Shop

FOID Law says Bass Pro could have sold him the ammunition, but the Illinois State Police told Bass Pro they better not do it. So, instead of listening to the law, they chose to listen to the police.

Pretty sad. Be careful in the land of Stinken.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop

fixed it for you =)

Just check out FOID law

and this is from the Illinois State Police

But I caution you, this is Illinois, the land of the dumbest people in the entire country.

Not even the Illinois State Police are all in line with the law, and some of them even get it wrong, as we all found out from a fellow member from this very forum when he was denied the sale of ammunition at a Chicago area Bass Pro Shop

FOID Law says Bass Pro could have sold him the ammunition, but the Illinois State Police told Bass Pro they better not do it. So, instead of listening to the law, they chose to listen to the police.

Pretty sad. Be careful in the land of Stinken.
Thanks a bunch! Locked in a key loled safe seems like it wouldn't be readily available considering I would have to shut the vehicle off and use the key on my key chain to physically unlock vault case.