Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Illinois carry????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Illinois carry????

What's the deal with Illinois, did they just approve conceald carry? I carry legally in Indiana, and know I couldn't carry over to Illinois, am I now able too?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2326 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

This is the actual picture of Illinois gov.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 08-02-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2326 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I haven't heard any word of the law changing. I wish it would. I'd gladly visit chicago but only with my .45.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #4

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by dempsey77 View Post
What's the deal with Illinois, did they just approve conceald carry? I carry legally in Indiana, and know I couldn't carry over to Illinois, am I now able too?
As far as i'm aware, no, this hasn't, nor will it any time in the future, change

Old 08-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Do what you want and not what others want you to do!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1074 Times on 644 Posts
Likes Given: 54

No you can not carry in Illinois.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 61 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 15

And you wouldn't want to visit anyway (ignoring the crime and violence, flash mobs and random shooting in all the "gun free" zones) ... you'll never leave with your wallet intact; they tax till it hurts on everything, especially downtown. Water bottle surcharges, "to-go" packaging surcharge, whether you walk out of the restaurant with it or not (think ... QP w/ Cheese in a cardboard container), parking is $30+ / day, with ~12 of it being the first hour, entertainment surcharges, rental surcharges, taxes on taxes, service fees, taxes on service fees ... stay out of Chicago and Cook County in general ... it sucks, especially for tourists (I live in Cook, moved out of Chicago).

And, you cannot carry in Illinois. Not concealed, not open. There is a "loophole" that allows something like a fanny pack with the gun in one chamber and the mag (or speed loader) in another, but don't expect many cops to respect it before they confiscate (and melt down) your weapon. IF the charges are dismissed, you're still out a gun.

Last edited by scottmac; 08-03-2012 at 02:18 AM.
beastmode986 Likes This 
Old 08-03-2012, 02:48 AM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 692

We can only dream.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 08-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #8

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
And you wouldn't want to visit anyway (ignoring the crime and violence
I actually agree with this. I've lived in Illinois most of my life ... it's not good here.

We have the 5th highest rate of Homicide in the country...and even though we have, hands down, the strictest gun laws around, 75.2% of our homicides are committed with a firearm.

Don't visit. Don't drive through. Do what most truck drivers do and drive around...it'll take longer, but you'll be thankful for it.
beastmode986 Likes This 
Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6119 Times on 3707 Posts
Likes Given: 6933

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
And you wouldn't want to visit anyway (ignoring the crime and violence, flash mobs and random shooting in all the "gun free" zones) ... you'll never leave with your wallet intact; they tax till it hurts on everything, especially downtown. Water bottle surcharges, "to-go" packaging surcharge, whether you walk out of the restaurant with it or not (think ... QP w/ Cheese in a cardboard container), parking is $30+ / day, with ~12 of it being the first hour, entertainment surcharges, rental surcharges, taxes on taxes, service fees, taxes on service fees ... stay out of Chicago and Cook County in general ... it sucks, especially for tourists (I live in Cook, moved out of Chicago).

And, you cannot carry in Illinois. Not concealed, not open. There is a "loophole" that allows something like a fanny pack with the gun in one chamber and the mag (or speed loader) in another, but don't expect many cops to respect it before they confiscate (and melt down) your weapon. IF the charges are dismissed, you're still out a gun.

This is very true. I try to avoid Cook County. I live in DeKalb county, Illinois but my Dad lives in Cook and I spend a lot of time with him lately. The price of gas jumps about 35 cents a gallon the minute you enter Cook County. It's terrible. And the City of Chicago is almost out of the question. When my kids were young I'd take them to the wonderful museums in Chicago but now that they are grown, I don't go to Chicago very often, if ever.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #10

Liked 136 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
I haven't heard any word of the law changing. I wish it would. I'd gladly visit chicago but only with my .45.
Good choice. When I lived in the south side all you see is people walking with shirts 5 sizes to big , pants to there knees speaking obnoxious ghetto talk. Its not safe , a friends dad was stabbed while taking out the garbage and it almost peirced his lung,an old couple was beat with a brick to death,my brother was shot at on Halloween,people break into houses,steal etc.

Dont forget you have to pay to park everywhere! My dads line of work is in the city and He said he spends over 1000 a year or more.

Last edited by beastmode986; 08-03-2012 at 08:06 PM.