Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Illinois carry???? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/illinois-carry-69482/)

dempsey77 08-02-2012 08:34 PM

Illinois carry????

What's the deal with Illinois, did they just approve conceald carry? I carry legally in Indiana, and know I couldn't carry over to Illinois, am I now able too?

kytowboater 08-02-2012 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the actual picture of Illinois gov.

kytowboater 08-02-2012 08:46 PM

I haven't heard any word of the law changing. I wish it would. I'd gladly visit chicago but only with my .45.

PrimePorkchop 08-02-2012 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dempsey77 (Post 890859)
What's the deal with Illinois, did they just approve conceald carry? I carry legally in Indiana, and know I couldn't carry over to Illinois, am I now able too?

As far as i'm aware, no, this hasn't, nor will it any time in the future, change

Fathead00 08-02-2012 09:14 PM

No you can not carry in Illinois.

scottmac 08-03-2012 02:14 AM

And you wouldn't want to visit anyway (ignoring the crime and violence, flash mobs and random shooting in all the "gun free" zones) ... you'll never leave with your wallet intact; they tax till it hurts on everything, especially downtown. Water bottle surcharges, "to-go" packaging surcharge, whether you walk out of the restaurant with it or not (think ... QP w/ Cheese in a cardboard container), parking is $30+ / day, with ~12 of it being the first hour, entertainment surcharges, rental surcharges, taxes on taxes, service fees, taxes on service fees ... stay out of Chicago and Cook County in general ... it sucks, especially for tourists (I live in Cook, moved out of Chicago).

And, you cannot carry in Illinois. Not concealed, not open. There is a "loophole" that allows something like a fanny pack with the gun in one chamber and the mag (or speed loader) in another, but don't expect many cops to respect it before they confiscate (and melt down) your weapon. IF the charges are dismissed, you're still out a gun.

ScottA 08-03-2012 02:48 AM

We can only dream.

PrimePorkchop 08-03-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmac (Post 891229)
And you wouldn't want to visit anyway (ignoring the crime and violence

I actually agree with this. I've lived in Illinois most of my life ... it's not good here.

We have the 5th highest rate of Homicide in the country...and even though we have, hands down, the strictest gun laws around, 75.2% of our homicides are committed with a firearm.

Don't visit. Don't drive through. Do what most truck drivers do and drive around...it'll take longer, but you'll be thankful for it.

winds-of-change 08-03-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottmac (Post 891229)
And you wouldn't want to visit anyway (ignoring the crime and violence, flash mobs and random shooting in all the "gun free" zones) ... you'll never leave with your wallet intact; they tax till it hurts on everything, especially downtown. Water bottle surcharges, "to-go" packaging surcharge, whether you walk out of the restaurant with it or not (think ... QP w/ Cheese in a cardboard container), parking is $30+ / day, with ~12 of it being the first hour, entertainment surcharges, rental surcharges, taxes on taxes, service fees, taxes on service fees ... stay out of Chicago and Cook County in general ... it sucks, especially for tourists (I live in Cook, moved out of Chicago).

And, you cannot carry in Illinois. Not concealed, not open. There is a "loophole" that allows something like a fanny pack with the gun in one chamber and the mag (or speed loader) in another, but don't expect many cops to respect it before they confiscate (and melt down) your weapon. IF the charges are dismissed, you're still out a gun.

This is very true. I try to avoid Cook County. I live in DeKalb county, Illinois but my Dad lives in Cook and I spend a lot of time with him lately. The price of gas jumps about 35 cents a gallon the minute you enter Cook County. It's terrible. And the City of Chicago is almost out of the question. When my kids were young I'd take them to the wonderful museums in Chicago but now that they are grown, I don't go to Chicago very often, if ever.

beastmode986 08-03-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 890870)
I haven't heard any word of the law changing. I wish it would. I'd gladly visit chicago but only with my .45.

Good choice. When I lived in the south side all you see is people walking with shirts 5 sizes to big , pants to there knees speaking obnoxious ghetto talk. Its not safe , a friends dad was stabbed while taking out the garbage and it almost peirced his lung,an old couple was beat with a brick to death,my brother was shot at on Halloween,people break into houses,steal etc.

Dont forget you have to pay to park everywhere! My dads line of work is in the city and He said he spends over 1000 a year or more.