If I have anxiety disorder can I still buy a gun? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > If I have anxiety disorder can I still buy a gun?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 06:31 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Dude seriously I don't want you to have a gun. You seriously named yourself death01 on a firearms form come in here and talk about buying a gun but you have an anxiety disorder that cripples you so badly that you need ssd why do I have the feeling that if you do go buy a gun that this thread will soon thereafter be read out in a murder/assault with a deadly weapon or some such case. How about seek some mental health therapy get yourself better and overcoming obstacles and finding a job so I don't have to pay outta my pocket to feed you then once you accomplish all that go purchase a damn gun if you still want one

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2014, 06:56 PM   #22

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Anxiety, like autism, is increasingly used as an umbrella term to cover things more serious that have unpleasant names.
Right....more serious things with unpleasant names like, for example, "work"?

Last edited by Rocky7; 03-14-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: grammer
People Like This 
Old 03-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #23

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 220

IF you say your suicidal or you want to harm others, and the FBI might come knocking around the neighbors.
Then you can ask them.
Seriously I think I would not ask here.

(Remember the fallen!)

Last edited by R1D2; 03-14-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:33 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by death01 View Post
I dont want to risk being rejected when I go to buy a gun. I think i have severe social anxiety, its very hard for me to interact with people, i have no freinds. I think i could qualified. Im perfectly capable of owning and using a gun, its not like im crazy or something. All I am is very shy and nervous around people, thats all.
i'm sorry but am i missing something here? you don't react well with people socially and have no friends, but in what way does that make you eligible for disability?

you might really give some consideration to your priorities in life. i have seen people who were crippled and amputees that refused disability and worked. you sir sound like your lazy and need some excuse not to work. maybe it's time you sucked it Cupcake and grew a set and started acting like a responsible adult.

anxiety disorder my butt!
Rocky7 Likes This 
Old 03-15-2014, 01:10 AM   #25

Liked 1332 Times on 892 Posts
Likes Given: 857

LOL, and I thought I was being mean!

Seriously, though, if you guys are too mean, the OP probably won't come back to tell us the whole story....and I for one, am curious. There might be a good reason...
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:43 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 807 Times on 539 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Yeah he could probably be obamas son

People Like This 
Old 03-15-2014, 01:55 AM   #27

Liked 2220 Times on 1525 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Quote:
Originally Posted by death01 View Post
I cant risk getting denied. First i buy a gun, it may ask me if i am mentally incompetent or something along those lines, i will say no, nothing illegal there. Then i go apply for ssd, lets say it asks me that i cant own a gun or something, then im pretty screwed, do i lie so i get ssd or do i say the truth and get denied, ahhhhh. I think i will have to risk getting denied ssd, i would rather have a gun and not have ssd then have ssd and not have a gun.
Your SSI decision has nothing to do with your ability to own a firearm. You are not a criminal. You have not been deemed incompetent. Owning a gun has nothing to do with a disability decision. You are making a mountain of a mole hill. Unless you feel that you do not need a firearm, you are free to buy a gun.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:37 AM   #28

Liked 245 Times on 162 Posts

SSI, SSD, Disability for being shy, having anxiety, ADHD, etc. is just a modern lifestyle. An alternative career path that has become increasingly popular over the last 10 years or so. I doubt it would prohibit anyone from owning a firearm.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:24 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
i'm sorry but am i missing something here? you don't react well with people socially and have no friends, but in what way does that make you eligible for disability?

you might really give some consideration to your priorities in life. i have seen people who were crippled and amputees that refused disability and worked. you sir sound like your lazy and need some excuse not to work. maybe it's time you sucked it Cupcake and grew a set and started acting like a responsible adult.

anxiety disorder my butt!
You cant understand someone who has social phobia unless you have it yourself.

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f21/do-you-receive-disability-benefits-for-your-sa-147548/index2.html

Old 03-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

http://socialanxietydisorder.about.com/od/sadandworkschool/f/Can-Someone-With-Sad-Qualify-For-Social-Assistance.htm

Closed Thread