I Submitted Two FOID Applications, Will I Get Two Cards?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > I Submitted Two FOID Applications, Will I Get Two Cards?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default I Submitted Two FOID Applications, Will I Get Two Cards?

I originally sent an application in November through a 3rd party title/loan/license place. I had used them in the past and they take the picture for you to make sure it's the right size, so I figured it was an easy way to do it.

I read in the Chicago Tribune online that the ISP was caught up with the back logged FOID applications as of December so I figured I'd be getting my card soon. I sent a status request and they said they haven't received my application yet. Since I did it through a 3rd party, I didn't have a number stamped on a check to give the ISP to track my application.

I decided to go ahead and send another application using a personal check this time since they say they don't have my original application. Then at least when they cash my check, I'll have something to reference.

Then I got to thinking, if they "find" my original app (or more to the point, they catch up for real) am I going to get two cards, or is sending two applications going to invalidate one of them? As long as I get one card by the time my tax return money comes in, I'll be a happy camper! If I get two, at least I won't have to go through this again if I lose my card somehow.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-21-2014, 01:22 AM   #2
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7317 Times on 4401 Posts
Likes Given: 8975

I'm sure if two applications go through it will show as a duplicate and you'll only receive one card. And I would strongly recommend NOT losing your FOID card.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Make a copy of your foid card, even though it is not considered a legal document, and yes don't lose it LOL.

I highly doubt you will get two foid cards, but LOL this IS Illinois, so anything is possible.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 01-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #4

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

There are gun tolerant states near you.

You could always say to IL "Never mind the FOID card.

I've moved to a state which respects my Constitutional

rights. I will also be spending all my money there, from now on.

Good luck, getting your criminals there, to follow all your gun

laws."

Think about this: In IL, you, as a LAC, are paying to book yourself into

the same system which criminals get booked into for free. So who

do the representatives you elected care more about? You, whom

they charge for everything, or the criminals, to whom they give

everything for free?

Old 01-25-2014, 06:30 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

The mailman picked up my second application on Tuesday and they had my check cashed by Friday. I'm not sure if the 3rd party application I sent in November was really lost or if it's in a pile somewhere, but they certainly opened this one quickly.

Hopefully that means I'll have a FOID in hand before my tax return comes in. Now that I have the number stamped on the check, at least I can actually check on the status.

I'm glad they are 10 years now instead of 5.. At least I won't have to do this again for awhile.