Hunting land in central IL


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Hunting land in central IL

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
krisko09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Champaign-Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 585
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Hunting land in central IL

I'm looking for some places to go yote hunting, but mostly im just looking for somewhere to take my nephew squirrel and rabbit hunting. If anyone's got a place please let me know! Im in the champaign area, but willing to make it a trip so long as its within an hour or so.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.



__________________
krisko09 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here


Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
I'm looking for some places to go yote hunting, but mostly im just looking for somewhere to take my nephew squirrel and rabbit hunting. If anyone's got a place please let me know! Im in the champaign area, but willing to make it a trip so long as its within an hour or so.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.
Same here i really could use the help...cash always talk


__________________
dabbson is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,748
Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
I'm looking for some places to go yote hunting, but mostly im just looking for somewhere to take my nephew squirrel and rabbit hunting. If anyone's got a place please let me know! Im in the champaign area, but willing to make it a trip so long as its within an hour or so.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.
Your about 30 min either way from public hunting ground , either at Middle fork in Oakwood or Clinton lake area .
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
krisko09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Champaign-Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 585
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
Your about 30 min either way from public hunting ground , either at Middle fork in Oakwood or Clinton lake area .
yeah I'm trying to avoid the public areas, they get really crowded and often have really strange regulations. but I may have to look in to it. do u know if it is a self issue permit or if its a site drawn lottery?
__________________
krisko09 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,748
Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
yeah I'm trying to avoid the public areas, they get really crowded and often have really strange regulations. but I may have to look in to it. do u know if it is a self issue permit or if its a site drawn lottery?
I believe most of those permits are over the Inet.
This will get you what you need
http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/PublicHuntingAreas.aspx
__________________
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
krisko09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Champaign-Urbana,Illinois
Posts: 585
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc

I believe most of those permits are over the Inet.
This will get you what you need
http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/PublicHuntingAreas.aspx
gracias amigo


__________________
krisko09 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Hunting public land. jce97 Hunting Forum 14 11-01-2011 02:04 PM
...and the land of the free davemccarthy707 Politics, Religion and Controversy 10 09-28-2011 11:30 AM
Land for Sale for Hunting ElmerDuff Hunting Forum 1 07-23-2007 11:18 PM