Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Hunting land in central IL (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/hunting-land-central-il-63835/)

krisko09 05-04-2012 11:31 PM

Hunting land in central IL
 
I'm looking for some places to go yote hunting, but mostly im just looking for somewhere to take my nephew squirrel and rabbit hunting. If anyone's got a place please let me know! Im in the champaign area, but willing to make it a trip so long as its within an hour or so.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

dabbson 06-19-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisko09 (Post 790725)
I'm looking for some places to go yote hunting, but mostly im just looking for somewhere to take my nephew squirrel and rabbit hunting. If anyone's got a place please let me know! Im in the champaign area, but willing to make it a trip so long as its within an hour or so.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

Same here i really could use the help...cash always talk ;)

purehavoc 06-19-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisko09 (Post 790725)
I'm looking for some places to go yote hunting, but mostly im just looking for somewhere to take my nephew squirrel and rabbit hunting. If anyone's got a place please let me know! Im in the champaign area, but willing to make it a trip so long as its within an hour or so.

Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to continue despite that fear.

Your about 30 min either way from public hunting ground , either at Middle fork in Oakwood or Clinton lake area .

krisko09 06-19-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc
Your about 30 min either way from public hunting ground , either at Middle fork in Oakwood or Clinton lake area .

yeah I'm trying to avoid the public areas, they get really crowded and often have really strange regulations. but I may have to look in to it. do u know if it is a self issue permit or if its a site drawn lottery?

purehavoc 06-19-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisko09 (Post 841943)
yeah I'm trying to avoid the public areas, they get really crowded and often have really strange regulations. but I may have to look in to it. do u know if it is a self issue permit or if its a site drawn lottery?

I believe most of those permits are over the Inet.
This will get you what you need
http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/PublicHuntingAreas.aspx

krisko09 06-19-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

I believe most of those permits are over the Inet.
This will get you what you need
http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/hunting/Pages/PublicHuntingAreas.aspx

gracias amigo


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:05 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.