Hey Illinois - New Gun Laws today - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Hey Illinois - New Gun Laws today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Only thing I have to add is if I understood correctly, from watching the legislation on this, isn't it just recommended that you call in to ISP to check the FOID? I believe there is no penalty for not doing so, unless something changed.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #12

Liked 235 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 46

It is more legislation designed for us to participate in a failed system and sidestepping the roots of the issue. What we should have seen in the news was the Gov at the podium announcing that they have decided to seize assets from any gang banger, thug and person found guilty of violent gun crime and sell it off to help pay for the care of gun victims.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #13

Liked 2526 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2429

So why do the Illinois police enforce these unconstitutional laws? Kind of answers the question of what the police will do if they ever did ban guns.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #14

Liked 383 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hate to say I told ya so. I feel bad for my former friends and neighbors in Cook County, but they keep re-electing the same crowd.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 71 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fickenmeimirish
Only thing I have to add is if I understood correctly, from watching the legislation on this, isn't it just recommended that you call in to ISP to check the FOID? I believe there is no penalty for not doing so, unless something changed.
Calling in a purchaser's FOID to verify that it's authentic and active will (allegedly) relieve the seller of liability if the gun is used in a killing or other crime.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #16
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
Calling in a purchaser's FOID to verify that it's authentic and active will (allegedly) relieve the seller of liability if the gun is used in a killing or other crime.
Just thinking aloud, but how can one prove they called in? I wonder if the caller is given some kind of validation number for logging purposes. Otherwise anyone can simply say "Yeah I called."

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Old 08-29-2013, 09:27 PM   #17
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS
Just thinking aloud, but how can one prove they called in? I wonder if the caller is given some kind of validation number for logging purposes. Otherwise anyone can simply say "Yeah I called."
I'm sure there will be a charge with that on a website (with a service fee for using a CC) for checking a FOID that will be your proof. You didn't really think this was paid for by taxpayers once did you?

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 08-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #18

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
They said you will receive a confirmation number

Old 09-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #19

Liked 1096 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Have you guys seen what ****cago is trying to do now!!! They are trying to pass a ordinance to ban firearms in bars and restaurants!! It does not matter how much alcohol the business serves. This still has to be voted in by the full city council.

Old 09-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #20

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Where is Obama. Berry wants to attack the Syrian President for allowing children to be murdered. It seems every week children are murdered on the streets of Chicago. Most Americans oppose going to Syria to bomb that country. I am sure the majority of Americans would favor the Bombing of Chicago. Mayor Emanuel would escape to Canada of course.