Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Guns in Chicago (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/guns-chicago-94463/)

Flat Tire 07-26-2013 02:51 PM

Guns in Chicago
 
So Chicago has been in the news a lot lately, where do the criminals get their guns ? And how do you stop that ?

Overkill0084 07-26-2013 03:22 PM

Where? The same black market that provides all the drugs and other contraband.
How to stop it? You probably can't, at least not completely. See: The "War on Drugs." Anyone think a "War on guns" will work any better?

hiwall 07-26-2013 04:14 PM

Illegal guns could possibly be stopped temporarily by using all law enforcement and all military to do simultaneous house to house and all commercial buildings searches throughout the USA without warrants or warnings.
Is that something you would condone?

Flat Tire 07-26-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall (Post 1316123)
Illegal guns could possibly be stopped temporarily by using all law enforcement and all military to do simultaneous house to house and all commercial buildings searches throughout the USA without warrants or warnings.
Is that something you would condone?

Were you born in america ?

What about a ten year sentence added to any sentence for the crime of committing a crime with a gun? And add ten more years for using a stolen gun?

winds-of-change 07-26-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Tire (Post 1316069)
So Chicago has been in the news a lot lately, where do the criminals get their guns ? And how do you stop that ?

The guns are stolen, straw purchases, black market, etc. If you run in the right (wrong) circles, I don't think an illegal gun would be difficult to get at all. That's why mine are always locked or with me. i hope none of my guns ever become a "stolen gun".

Jagermeister 07-26-2013 06:22 PM

Illegal/stolen guns are imported by criminal elements to areas where they are most needed. Supply and demand. Ask Holder, he is good at it.

Flat Tire 07-26-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1316172)
The guns are stolen, straw purchases, black market, etc. If you run in the right (wrong) circles, I don't think an illegal gun would be difficult to get at all. That's why mine are always locked or with me. i hope none of my guns ever become a "stolen gun".

Is there any type of effort to go after the illegal guns ?

hiwall 07-26-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

And how do you stop that ?
I told you about the only way.

Chicago has a very poor record of prosecuting gun "crimes". There are a large number of laws on the books regarding guns(especially in Chicago). This seem to not be working well. I seriously doubt if added laws would make any difference at all. And if added laws were passed would they be prosecuted?
Many people don't realize the sheer number of guns in the USA. More than a million are added per month.

johnr1943 07-26-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flat Tire (Post 1316069)
So Chicago has been in the news a lot lately, where do the criminals get their guns ? And how do you stop that ?

Easy... just repeal the Second Amendment! :eek:

GTX63 07-27-2013 01:30 PM

Robbery, B&E, illegal imports/gun running. It is a simple and old formula, follow the money. Gangs, drugs, prostitution. The question of "How do you stop it?" would be better phrased "What are you willing to do about it?"


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:33 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.