Gun Registration Bill introduced
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Gun Registration Bill introduced

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 04:04 AM   #1
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Default Gun Registration Bill introduced

The clowns are back in the circus in Springfield.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?GAID=12&GA=98&DocNum=4715&DocTypeID =HB&SessionID=85&LegID=79382&SpecSess&Session

Synopsis As Introduced
Creates the Firearms Registration Act. Provides that every person in the State must register each firearm he or she owns or possesses in accordance with the Act. Provides that a person shall not purchase or possess ammunition within this State without having first obtained a registration certificate identifying a firearm that is suitable for use with that ammunition, or a receipt demonstrating that the person has applied to register a suitable firearm under the Act and that the application is pending. Provides that the Department of State Police must complete a background check of any person who applies for: (1) a registration certificate for a firearm that was lawfully owned or possessed on the effective date of the Act, was brought into the State by a new resident, or was acquired by operation of law upon the death of the former owner; or (2) a renewal of a registration certificate unless, within 12 months of the date the renewal application is submitted, the applicant passed a background check conducted by the Department in connection with the applicant's acquisition of another firearm. Provides exceptions. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that it is a Class 2 felony to sell or transfer ownership of a firearm to another person without complying with the registration requirement of the Firearms Registration Act.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2014, 04:13 AM   #2

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That all sounds familiar. Oh! Sh&t I know where I heard that before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Germany

Old 02-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1993 Times on 1040 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
The clowns are back in the circus in Springfield.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?GAID=12&GA=98&DocNum=4715&DocTypeID =HB&SessionID=85&LegID=79382&SpecSess&Session

Synopsis As Introduced
Creates the Firearms Registration Act. Provides that every person in the State must register each firearm he or she owns or possesses in accordance with the Act. Provides that a person shall not purchase or possess ammunition within this State without having first obtained a registration certificate identifying a firearm that is suitable for use with that ammunition, or a receipt demonstrating that the person has applied to register a suitable firearm under the Act and that the application is pending. Provides that the Department of State Police must complete a background check of any person who applies for: (1) a registration certificate for a firearm that was lawfully owned or possessed on the effective date of the Act, was brought into the State by a new resident, or was acquired by operation of law upon the death of the former owner; or (2) a renewal of a registration certificate unless, within 12 months of the date the renewal application is submitted, the applicant passed a background check conducted by the Department in connection with the applicant's acquisition of another firearm. Provides exceptions. Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Provides that it is a Class 2 felony to sell or transfer ownership of a firearm to another person without complying with the registration requirement of the Firearms Registration Act.
I lived in downstate Illinois back in the 80's/early 90s. I learned to resent the puckering sphincter that was Chicago, and what it did to the rest of the fine state in terms of policies, taxation and political influence. A complete joke.

I am very sad to see this kind of thing happening in the Land of Lincoln. Based on what you know, does this have the votes to get to the floor and pass?

Old 02-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #4

Liked 2455 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

So, to recap, Illinois legislators think the same scheme for

gun control which Adolf Hitler used, right before he ripped off

and murdered 6 million Jews is a good idea.

Not a lot of history majors there, in Illinois? Because gun

registration and confiscation has always been a nation's

precursor to a large pogrom.

What more profound and egregiously horrific act, than the disarming,

and murder of a people's citizens, by their own country?

Over 200 million souls worldwide, slaughtered like defenseless cattle,

cry out from their graves, against this worst abuse of "well-meaning "

governmental control...

Old 02-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #5

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Political greed has driven these policies for a long time. Voters fear crime. Careers in government can be insured if you appear to be a crime fighter. Demonize the evil firearms and gun owners. Pass some restrictive laws that does not involve long criminal litigation. Do this for 20 years and retire with a big government check.

Old 02-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #6

Liked 2455 Times on 1398 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Unfortunately, the criminals are the only folks these laws

don't punish. If you want to appear to be a "crime

fighter" , wouldn't it be refreshing if the laws enacted

actually fought crime?

Gun Control measures are a local and national failure. It's

been shown again and again to fail, but still the ignorant

embrace it.

Old 02-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #7
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I am very sad to see this kind of thing happening in the Land of Lincoln. Based on what you know, does this have the votes to get to the floor and pass?
Just was introduced, but I can't fathom a chance in hell this would pass. That being said, this is Illinois.

If anyone is really interested, this is an ongoing listing ISRA maintains so people can contact their representatives and/or fill out witness slips on the pro/anti gun measures being pushed through the state at any given time. If this is your first time seeing this, this is pretty much the norm so don't freak out - we're used to it. HB 4715 is so new I don't see it on here right now.

http://www.isra.org/legislation/

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 749 Times on 549 Posts
Likes Given: 222

I do not see this going anywhere. The clowns know that if they have a party no one will come.
Those folks who have gotten your IL concealed carry. You have registered to be first in line.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 02-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #9

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

legislators are suggesting stupid things and, introducing stupid bills all over this country....in gun friendly states too....

and if even in Illinois they cant pass an AWB bill in this unfortunate time of democratic prowess in cook county and Springfield (the year after Newton no less), do you honestly think a gun registration bill is going to get the support it needs to pass??

Sure, its Illinois, anything is possible... right Jane Byrne?

I have to say some of the bandwagon commentary about illinois is beginning to sound like some people here just don't get to say "I told you so!" enough

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 02-07-2014, 08:47 PM   #10

Liked 277 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 40

America Civil war take 2 is fast approaching

Mamas don't let your cowboys grow up to be babies.
better dead than red

People Like This