good ranges in illinois? and my bad experience a mega sports
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > good ranges in illinois? and my bad experience a mega sports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 05:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default good ranges in illinois? and my bad experience a mega sports

ok so first let me tell you what happened at mega sports. I went in there today to buy an air rifle(my aunts boyfriend went with me) and we were kicked out. He is 21 and i am 14 i dont see a problem but apparently they do. they told me you need to be over 18 with a parent or legal guardian. Now i see a reason for that but really? im with someone that has a foid card and is supervising me and they still say i need to leave. they lost my business i went somewhere else and spent 250$ on 2 air rifles and a scope. i will never shop there again and they say you must be 21 to shoot at a pistol range even though under Illinois state law i am allowed to shoot pistols at a range under supervision i am just not allowed to own/posses one besides while shooting training and practicing etc.

I recommend nobody shops there due to there awful service.

Now i was wondering if anyone knows of any good shooting ranges no more than an 1 1/2 hours from the plainfield area? thanks btw i already know of gat guns

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I would not be too hard on Mega Sports in your particular case. Illinois has some tight laws and risking the business for your sale is not a good idea. look at it from their point. You are 14 and he is 21 and not a relative and certainly not old enough to be your legal guardian. If you read the sign on the door it states nobody under 18 is allowed in without a parent or legal guardian, your aunts 21 year old boy friend is neither. Now I was not there and have no idea how you were talked to, but I do know that if I were in their shoes I would consider you both kids (I know 21 is a legal adult but it's still pretty much a kid in most cases).