Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Good news? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/good-news-78233/)

mybigguns 12-11-2012 05:35 PM

Good news?

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=86exi4bab&v=001VLboNz7kWENGMUG4sHW6MYbB WcTIn67p7rDuE3Sey_kdf7Q81nMjBIvtCdrzl1VSKn8FPWDJ2B 7XujXFh43rdeQAWwxFbzuub8sgMyxPWQynrLKQsup6prgKzf5U Xf3Q3su908F-q1M%3D

ISRA Notice:
Decision in Shepard / Moore v Madigan

We are disinclined to engage in another round of historical analysis to determine whether eighteenth-century America understood the Second Amendment to include a right to bear guns outside the home. The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers
a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside.

The theoretical and empirical evidence (which overall is inconclusive) is consistent with concluding that a right to carry firearms in public may promote self-defense. Illinois
had to provide us with more than merely a rational basis for believing that its uniquely sweeping ban is justified by an increase in public safety. It has failed to meet this burden.

The Supreme Court’s interpretation of the Second Amendment therefore compels us to reverse the decisions in the two cases before us and remand Nos. 12-1269, 12-1788 21
them to their respective district courts for the entry of declarations of unconstitutionality and
permanent injunctions. Nevertheless we order our mandate stayed for 180 days to allow the Illinois legislature to craft a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the Second Amendment as interpreted in
this opinion, on the carrying of guns in public.

REVERSED AND REMANDED, WITH DIRECTIONS;

The legislature has 180 days to change the law.

Stillersfan 12-11-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybigguns (Post 1047938)
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=86exi4bab&v=001vlbonz7kwengmug4shw6mybb wctin67p7rdue3sey_kdf7q81nmjbivtcdrzl1vskn8fpwdj2b 7xujxfh43rdeqawwxfbzuub8sgmyxpwqynrlkqsup6prgkzf5u xf3q3su908f-q1m%3d

isra notice:
Decision in shepard / moore v madigan

we are disinclined to engage in another round of historical analysis to determine whether eighteenth-century america understood the second amendment to include a right to bear guns outside the home. The supreme court has decided that the amendment confers
a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside.

The theoretical and empirical evidence (which overall is inconclusive) is consistent with concluding that a right to carry firearms in public may promote self-defense. Illinois
had to provide us with more than merely a rational basis for believing that its uniquely sweeping ban is justified by an increase in public safety. It has failed to meet this burden.

The supreme courtís interpretation of the second amendment therefore compels us to reverse the decisions in the two cases before us and remand nos. 12-1269, 12-1788 21
them to their respective district courts for the entry of declarations of unconstitutionality and
permanent injunctions. Nevertheless we order our mandate stayed for 180 days to allow the illinois legislature to craft a new gun law that will impose reasonable limitations, consistent with the public safety and the second amendment as interpreted in
this opinion, on the carrying of guns in public.

Reversed and remanded, with directions;

the legislature has 180 days to change the law.

niiiicceee!!!

TheoShooter 12-11-2012 10:16 PM

Let's see if it actually happens. I sure hope so. At least I would say this is good news!

eltoro 12-12-2012 04:32 AM

I am still registered as firearms trained and qualified in Illinois from ages ago when I was a security guard ":o" LOL but point being they should accept that. and or my Texas training in firearms which is current.

But I think the Chicago politicians are going to start a whole new round of battles now since all they focus on is harassing the down state people instead of fixing the serious issues in their city and area.

niteglock 12-12-2012 07:20 AM

I have a feeling the legislators are going to make CC the hardest process to go through and extremely expensive so that it will deter most people from getting their license. That's what chicago is all about. If they lose, then they find another way to screw us. Or limit the round capacity to 5 rounds or something. Now I have a feeling also, that Illinois is going to go hard for the assault weapon ban now because they are pissed off. That will eliminate alot of firearms in Illinois. Either way. I'm happy as hell that they shut down the ban on a federal level but a little concerned on how this is going to play out. Fingers crossed.

Shade 12-12-2012 01:19 PM

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2012/12/big_win_for_gun-rights_groups_federal_appeals_court_tosses_state_b an_on_carrying_concealed_weapons.html

Now we need to make sure our legislature understands that
we need a shall issue
and not a may issue law.

Call you State Senators and State Representatives and pester them until
they get it, many of our state level dirt ba.... um politicians have tough
elections and are very "in tune" with what voters want they also realize
that we are the last state with out a CCW process.

I think by this time next year we will be able to carry. Thank God!!!

aandabooks 12-12-2012 05:05 PM

I see this going down the road of some sort of compromise on the part of the anti-ccw crowd. The law that was introduced last year was pretty strict. I can see the reps who have been in support of CCW digging in their heels and forcing compromise knowing that if the 180 days expire, we will have CCW with our foid cards being the liscence.

Shade 12-13-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aandabooks (Post 1049063)
I see this going down the road of some sort of compromise on the part of the anti-ccw crowd. The law that was introduced last year was pretty strict. I can see the reps who have been in support of CCW digging in their heels and forcing compromise knowing that if the 180 days expire, we will have CCW with our foid cards being the liscence.

I hope you are right, I would love to see our Foids be our CCW!

gvw3 12-13-2012 12:17 PM

I think it's pretty clear. They lost. They are not going to push this as hard as most think.

aandabooks 12-13-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvw3 (Post 1049963)
I think it's pretty clear. They lost. They are not going to push this as hard as most think.

Rahm has already come out about how the court is wrong and he wants to help shape the new law. Last time I checked he is the mayor of Chicago and his authority stops at the city limits. Quinn doesn't like it at all and has renewed his statement about an AWB here in Illinois.

When was the last time a legally purchased AR was used in a crime in Illinois? They make it sound like it is a daily occurance.