good gun shops in illinois? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > good gun shops in illinois?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Here near me is Illinois gun works .. Guys are great .. Staff is very friendly and helpful .. Range is great and also offers all kind if training classes .. Donny is the man @ Illinois gun works .. Great people ...

Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 PM   #52

Liked 135 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 245

don't forget the brand new cook county gun purchase tax of $25 per firearm purchased in cook county, it passed last week, not sure when it officially goes into effect.

i must say it is always interesting to read the things people say about chicago who don't actually live in chicago and experience all aspects of the city firsthand, good or bad.

If your local authority is a brainless wad of crap, it doesn't really matter where you live, especially with respect to firearms, just saying

Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default buying online VS local

I agree with you JD. He should support his local gunshops, Pawn shops whenever he can. Transfer costs are just bureaucratic red tape to make a paper trail for a firearm. It isn't right that you should pay anyone myself included, more than $10 to make a 5 minute call to the FBI database and do the same amount of time doing paperwork. In Kansas tax is 8% in the lowest area, on a $500 piece thats $40. Some people want another $40 to make a transfer $80 well that just sucks. make friends with a gunsmith or collector so you don't get gouged. I guess you'd have to go back to 2009 to read my intro, I never thought about looking at myself since then but I still pay my 20 bucks each year because I believe in this site and I think you should be able to buy as cheap as you can if it's online or at the local pawnshop

Old 11-08-2012, 03:00 AM   #54

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Oi could always buy used on arms list. Just gotta make sure I get a bill of sale.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #55

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I agree about GAT. They have great stock and decent prices. I shoot at Article II every week and they are nice folks, but not the greatest prices on guns. Midwest, I like the people in there, but they are WAAAYYY overpriced. Once in awhile they will have a decent sale on some guns that I check out. MegaSports is good. A little mom/pop place in Lombard called: North American Firearms is a great place. I've bought (3) guns from them. They are a tiny shop, but will match just about any internet price if they can get the gun for you. I've also been using grabagun.com a lot and found an ffl for $30 transfers. I've saved a lot of $$$ that route.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #56

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

If you can, PM the ffl that charges you a $$30 transfer. Rinks and Mega both want $50, kinda kills the savings.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #57

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

I know a guy that works out his home. He's an FFL and only charges 25.00

spit hell fire

Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #58

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I use Union Arms Co in Berwyn IL as my ffl. They are really good gunsmiths and charge $30 for transfers. They are also a davidsons gallery of guns dealer if interested. They are super nice guys -Matt and Michael Wendell are the owners..
Google them, they have a website.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #59
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7797 Times on 4684 Posts
Likes Given: 9804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphixman View Post
Here near me is Illinois gun works .. Guys are great .. Staff is very friendly and helpful .. Range is great and also offers all kind if training classes .. Donny is the man @ Illinois gun works .. Great people ...
Where is that located at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
If you can, PM the ffl that charges you a $$30 transfer. Rinks and Mega both want $50, kinda kills the savings.
The Bullet Stop Gun Shop in Loves Park next to Rockford charges $35 per FFL transfer.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #60

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Yeah gun shops out here try an make alot of transfers. A guy at Midwest tried telling me 100.00 over the phone. I said "what, a 100.00!, I called yesterday and the guy told me 50.00" then he said OK 50.00 then. I said forget u guys. Then he hung up on me. I will never buy a thing from Midwest ever again. Horrible shop. The ONLY guys there that r cool are Angel and the big gunsmith dude.

spit hell fire