Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Foid...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6159 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 7033

Quote:
Originally Posted by George64 View Post
Why is Illinois so broke? FOID card take months? Did you know that if you have Haz Mat on your CDL you have to pay for prints. Add pay for PERC card. Add for FOID card. How can the state be broke when they want $100.00+$50.00+$10.00=$160.00 for finger prints alone. It should not take 57 days for a FOID card especially when your print have already been run before and came back with no record.
Do you not realize the government in Illinois is one of the most corrupt government in all 50 states? There is no financial responsibility here. The spending is crazy out of control. This is a very poorly managed state.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:55 AM   #22

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Do you not realize the government in Illinois is one of the most corrupt government in all 50 states? There is no financial responsibility here. The spending is crazy out of control. This is a very poorly managed state.
This is exactly the issue

Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #23

Liked 172 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 26

The last two Governors are currently in Federal prison. One congressman, Jesse Jackson, is about to go up the river as well as his wife. There are another dozen I can throw out there from Chicago aldermen to lobbyists, city clerks, etc, that have been convicted of bribery or ethical violations. Democrats have 71 of the 118 House seats, and 40 of the 59 Senate seats. This gives them a supermajority - three-fifths of the seats of both chambers - enabling them to pass any legislation by a veto-proof margin and making minority Republicans virtually irrelevant. They are holding onto the current concealed carry debate by the tips of their fingers thanks to a handful of downstate rural Democrats. The system of checks and balances in this state have long since been wiped out other than a handful of court decisions.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #24
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by George64 View Post
Why is Illinois so broke? FOID card take months? Did you know that if you have Haz Mat on your CDL you have to pay for prints. Add pay for PERC card. Add for FOID card. How can the state be broke when they want $100.00+$50.00+$10.00=$160.00 for finger prints alone. It should not take 57 days for a FOID card especially when your print have already been run before and came back with no record.
FREE Condoms for kids. FREE needles for heroin addicts. Plus the constant checks they have to write to various organizations like the NRA and ACLU for getting sued for all the unconstitutional laws that get passes.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
FREE Condoms for kids. FREE needles for heroin addicts. Plus the constant checks they have to write to various organizations like the NRA and ACLU for getting sued for all the unconstitutional laws that get passes.
Yup.. when do I as a hard working, law abiding citizen get free stuff from this state? How about FREE AMMO!
Old 03-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #26

Likes Given: 17

Got mine today. 27 days after my card expired. 43 days after they cashed my check. 71 days after I mailed it to Springfield. 72 days after I received my renewal notice in the mail. And this was a renewal. Thank God I have 10 years now before renewal again.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

@ muser - lol you may want to go ahead and send in your renewal again. It may take 10yrs for them to process it..

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

southIL9mmuser Likes This 
Old 03-29-2013, 07:14 PM   #28

Liked 117 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 204

i'm sending in an address change form this weekend, we'll see how long it takes for that to get processed.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
i'm sending in an address change form this weekend, we'll see how long it takes for that to get processed.
Cant.. effective january you cannot do change of address, you have to re-apply

From ISP FOID division's website:

NOTICE REGARDING NAME AND ADDRESS CHANGES Name and address changes submitted via this form will no longer be processed. Effective January 1st, 2013, FOID card holders must reapply for a new FOID card*within 21 days of an address change*and*within 30 days of a name change*using the*Name/Address Change Request form.

Last edited by fickenmeimirish; 03-29-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #30
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 984 Times on 500 Posts
Likes Given: 705

That didn't sound right. Where did you see the notification about 2013 changes?

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidinfo.cfm

"A Change of Address/Name Form for current FOID cards was recently added to the Illinois State Police website. This form is only to be used for those current cardholders who have changed either their name and/or address. This form is not to be used as a renewal application or in the event a FOID card that has been lost or stolen. "