Foid... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Foid...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 AM   #11
Table of Warriors Placeholder
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6786 Times on 3714 Posts
Likes Given: 13375

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel
What in the world is a FOID card?
Firearms Owners ID

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 03-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
In Illinois you must have a FOID (Firearm Owners ID) to legally own anything firearm related. Be glad you dont live in IL. Its an obvious infringement on the 2nd amendment! Illinois gun laws are terrible.

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

southIL9mmuser Likes This 
Old 03-11-2013, 02:11 AM   #13
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 802 Times on 369 Posts
Likes Given: 381

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Firearms Owners ID
The scary part for me is how easily they accept this premise!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasquanel View Post
Firearm Owner IDentification

It is an unconstitutional piece of plastic that says you can own a gun. It's is essentially the same background check as NICS, which I have no problem with. However if you forget to renew it, by default, you become a criminal and the politicians are pushing for tougher and tougher punishment if you are in posession of a firearm without a foid. So if you forget to renew your card, or in the case of Smokey the Illinois State Police don't send you your new card they want to make you a felon. Furthermore the laws they are proposing are even more severe in some cases than if you were never to have had a foid at all. That is totally unconstitutional.

Without a FOID an Illinois resident can not buy ammo or buy a firearm in Illinois or the surrounding states. However someone from a surrounding state may come to Illinois to buy a firearm even without a foid. So the politicians in our corrupt state are saying we from Illinois are substandard citizens and can not be trusted.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #15

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

A FOID card is an identification card for ILLINOIS residents that permits you to legally by guns and/or ammunition it has annoyed IL. residents since around 1968 or so.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:57 PM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

They cashed my check on Feburary 5!!!Its suppose to be 30 days.I have called them they say it will be 30-60 days more wtf!!!I also have a very clean record.I feel that I am being striped of my rights.As all these idiots are running around on the streets with illegal guns!!Explain how thats right?

Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #17

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

My wife applied for her foid 2 weeks before Thanksgiving 2012 and she received the foid last week of Feb 2013. That is the longest I have ever seen in take...

Old 03-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 30

It doesn't help but bear in mind the state is broke. They have less than 5 people working on processing FOID cards and in the last year the application volume has doubled. These same people will also likely be the same ones processing the CC permits in 3 months. My FOID expires in 2019 and I think I will send my renewal in in 2016.

Old 03-16-2013, 08:05 PM   #19

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanceMcCall
It doesn't help but bear in mind the state is broke. They have less than 5 people working on processing FOID cards and in the last year the application volume has doubled. These same people will also likely be the same ones processing the CC permits in 3 months. My FOID expires in 2019 and I think I will send my renewal in in 2016.
If the state is broke then they should abolish these agencies and stupid laws altogether. They do nothing to deter crime. This is typical back door infringement, pass a law that requires a permit or license for some activity the state disapproves of but cannot ban, then hire 2 people to handle 300,000 applications. Most people opt out rather than play the game...viola defacto gun ban.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

gvw3 Likes This 
Old 03-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #20

Why is Illinois so broke? FOID card take months? Did you know that if you have Haz Mat on your CDL you have to pay for prints. Add pay for PERC card. Add for FOID card. How can the state be broke when they want $100.00+$50.00+$10.00=$160.00 for finger prints alone. It should not take 57 days for a FOID card especially when your print have already been run before and came back with no record.