Conceal Carry classes in Illinois....... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum >

Conceal Carry classes in Illinois.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 516 Times on 281 Posts
Likes Given: 172

Meanwhile here in Southern IL (Madison County).....

We kinda think different than you folks up North...

Madison County State’s Attorney: Concealed Carry OK Now In IL

Posted on June 7, 2013 by Dan Zimmerman

Madison County State's Attorney Tom Gibbons courtesy stltoday.com

Despite a concealed carry bill sitting on Governor Sockpuppet’s Quinn’s desk, ticking off Illinois as the last state in the union to enact some form of concealed carry is still no sure thing. When you’re dealing with the nation’s most corrupt state, there are just too many potential legal and legislative curves in the road for anyone to confidently begin counting their proverbial chickens. Unless you live in Madison County, just across the river from St. Louis, that is. If you do, as far as Tom Gibbons, the Madison County State’s Attorney is concerned, the residents of the Land o’ Lincoln can tote now, as long as they meet certain criteria (possess a FOID, carry for self defense, keep it concealed, etc.). His reasoning? “The reality is that in December 2012, the statute was declared unconstitutional. So, we had a federal ruling – a higher court than our state court. That takes authority.” Click here read his letter laying out his opinion.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/06/daniel-zimmerman/madison-county-states-attorney-concealed-carry-ok-now-in-il/

Old 08-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 275 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
"It will be 6-8 months before Illinois tells us what they want the class to consist of......the soonest anyone can teach a class is January 9th....Then they have 180 days to approve you....."
I lived in Illinois for most of my life. I didn't realize how anti-gun Illinois was until I moved to another state. From the day I took my class for a CCW until the day I received my permit was about 2 weeks. I am both happy I left Illinois and saddened that those of you who live there still have to put up with the liberal bullsh*t that runs that state. Hopefully most of you will be able to carry when you are still young enough to remember how to put your holster on. That being said, I've been carrying for 4 months now, and it's my right......and my state isn't trying to prevent me from executing that right.