Chicago Residents - give me the rundown - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Chicago Residents - give me the rundown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Its a great city good food. But always watch your surrounding down there and you will be fine. Enjoy the great food and entertainment.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #22

Liked 35 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Its a great city good food. But always watch your surrounding down there and you will be fine. Enjoy the great food and entertainment.
Dont forget amazing beer. Chicago has some of the best breweries in the country!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #23

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
I repeat that no area is considered safe in my opinion.
I was born and raised there, moved to the suburbs 50 years ago, last time I was there was 2002 downtown for work.

I will not even let anyone in my family drive anywhere around close to the city. It is a sesspool of scumbags, I feel sorry for anyone that has to live there.

Jim

Old 04-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
I was born and raised there, moved to the suburbs 50 years ago, last time I was there was 2002 downtown for work.

I will not even let anyone in my family drive anywhere around close to the city. It is a sesspool of scumbags, I feel sorry for anyone that has to live there.

Jim
I kind of view everything between the WI border and I- 80 that way...

Spent most of my first 28 years living in the counties of McHenry, Crook and
Will. The rest of the state is swirling the drain the way Springfield is spending and taxing..

Our next move will be several states west and north...

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #25

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

All I can say is that when me and my dad lived there is there were alot if gang problems and I mean ALOT I had 2 bikes stolenand my had a window broken on his car and stuff stolen out of it when he went in a building for 5 minutes. He also had people key his car(scratch his car with keys) it gets pretty bad by cellular field.

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #26

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I've spent the last 16 years or so living in various but fairly decent neighborhoods of chicago, the last 12 in noble square/west town, which is just south east of the infamous wicker park...perhaps i was followed by a select group of invisible guardian angels because I have rarely encountered any problems. I have seen plenty of sh*t go down though, ironically the most dangerous of it in the last year and a half right outside my place...even though it was after it occurred on my security camera dvr....of which footage i had to hand over to the chicago police, actually met some cool detectives and evidence techs...

but my point for replying is that there are idiots and jerk off's everywhere, rural and urban, some areas have a much higher concentration than others...like chicago. But if you like good food, wanna checkout a museum, or some good music, you shouldn't let its reputation intimidate you or prevent you from visiting....I see it to be no different than hiking in an area that is prevalent with bear activity....that shouldnt keep you from visiting glacier national or yellowstone either... I dont mean hiking a specific trail where momma bear and cubs have been seen nesting or hanging out.

when you act in a manner according to your environment, more often than not you get home safe and sound unscathed and have another experience behind your belt that you hopefully enjoyed to share with others...

on the other hand, there are four areas I would definitely stay out of......

http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/neighborhoods/crime-rates/25-most-dangerous-neighborhoods/

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #27
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan
...perhaps i was followed by a select group of invisible guardian angels because I have rarely encountered any problems.
Blast from the past - whatever happened to the Guardian Angels?

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Blast from the past - whatever happened to the Guardian Angels?
They're still around actually, but I think they patrol mostly on the red line cta route and up in rogers park (north side). I think they even have some of their own videos posted up on youtube. In my time in Chicago though, I could not really attest to their effectiveness, I mean i respect what they're trying to do, but I couldn't say seeing them on the cta platform made me feel any safer than just paying attention to everything going on around me at the time. I think a man in blue (CPD officer) with a piece on his belt just naturally has a stronger presence about it with respect to deterring crime.

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

NRA - member for life

Old 05-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #29

Liked 46 Times on 30 Posts

Just look up the song called "walk with me" from DA Smart. Lol. He tells of where all the gang bangers reside. Back in the 90s.

Just kidding. Basically, if you feel uncomfortable then just leave. I would try to not go south on lake shore from 55. Because you could end up in a OK neighborhood or one wrong turn and your in the hood. Stay away from 72nd stony island and areas around there. Chicago is one of those areas that you can be in a good spot one second and a ****ty one another second later.

spit hell fire

Mack Bolan Likes This 
Old 05-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteglock View Post
Just look up the song called "walk with me" from DA Smart. Lol. He tells of where all the gang bangers reside. Back in the 90s.

Just kidding. Basically, if you feel uncomfortable then just leave. I would try to not go south on lake shore from 55. Because you could end up in a OK neighborhood or one wrong turn and your in the hood. Stay away from 72nd stony island and areas around there. Chicago is one of those areas that you can be in a good spot one second and a ****ty one another second later.
Never would have thought someone on this board knew of Da Smart... but that is the truth....Cabrini Green was a perfect example( featured in the Gangland series on HC)....a total war zone until they tore it down that was surrounded by crowded high income neighborhoods and developments and it literally only took one wrong turn to be in whole lotta no good.

NRA - member for life