Chicago PD to require LEO firearm registration - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Chicago PD to require LEO firearm registration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 05:44 AM   #21
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillWork4Ammo View Post
They are pissed!And for good reason too!
And LEOs think the new mayor of Boston is out of his damn mind for refusing BPD patrol officers AR-15s.
Quite frankly if the mayor of boston came out saying that the city is broke and they can't afford it, then I would have respect for the mayor. This is a little different though in Chicago as "budget" can never be a part of the argument since they are talking about privately owned firearms.

Old 12-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Yet another shining example of why LEOs on general are opposed to gun control. It always circles back round to us. 1) Register the publics guns, 2) then the cops guns. 3) Grab the publics guns, 4) then the cops guns. That's how they roll.

Funny thing to me is the people on this forum who root for step 2 when they should be trying to abolish step 1. Step 3 comes after step 2 and that's not where we want to go. So why root for step 2 and make it harder on us? (I realize I'm oversimplifying things a little, but the basic idea is still true.)

Last edited by DeltaF; 12-31-2013 at 06:55 AM.
KG7IL Likes This 
Old 12-31-2013, 08:40 AM   #23

Liked 363 Times on 209 Posts
Likes Given: 70

The Boston mayor (I'm paraphrasing) was quoted as saying he hasn't been convinced that AR 15s in the hands of Boston LEO is something that is needed. Anyone heard that argument before?

So, do the powers that be in Chicago think that if a cop has a couple drop guns in a bucket in his basement, he'll bring them in and register them? lol.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #24

Liked 2055 Times on 1074 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
Chicago firearm registration was abolished this year.

We've been making alot of progress in IL lately in our legal battles against our overlords.
unless you are a cop, apparently.................

Old 12-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8167 Times on 4211 Posts
Likes Given: 9379

I guess Im no less happy they will be required to register than we! In NY, Andy of Albany realized he made a huge mistake with the "Safe Act", he forgot that LEO's like Ass Weapons also and their Union stormed the capital (one on one meeting, fix it or were pulling our support). He fixed that for them, LEO's active and retired in NY are exempt from the safe act! Isnt that special?

All the sudden the support we were getting from LEO's against the "Act" disappeared, shocking how that works. Now they are counting bullets in our guns but not their own!

Currently serving and Retired Veterans outnumber LEO's in this state 100 to 1, we have likely had more training handling firearms than many LEO's but we cant be trusted with our own Black Weapons or High Cap Mags, only theirs! I served in the NYARNG 17 years, had lots of machine guns, rocket launchers and other things that blow up under my command most of that time, that didnt get me an Exemption! Wonder why, could it be that because our Military has no Union we also have no voice?

The funny thing is that these exemptions only go to dilute any fight we may have in us so Im glad Andy didnt exempt us, we wouldnt be fighting along side the "regular folks" to get our rights back if we didnt lose ours with them! If The Chicago Police Force Union has any pull, you will see this all go away; if not, maybe they will be in our corner instead of their own!

Old 12-31-2013, 02:02 PM   #26

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Police Unions are organized into voting blocks. Poloticans always look at voting numbers before granting any rights?

Old 12-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Even the Mayor is afraid of the Chicago Police. They have a criminal record going back to 1835.
the Mayor of Chicago is a idiot

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.
Mack Bolan Likes This