Can we do this? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Can we do this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I'd be in, and driving is not really an issue for me. A place that allows black powder would be cool, most indoor ranges do not.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #12

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Y'all go for it. We're also planning a North Mississippi round up this coming spring.
Wieners, burgers, and bullets. A combo that can't be beat. Maybe some beer after the toys are put away.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7102 Times on 4275 Posts
Likes Given: 8610

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Y'all go for it. We're also planning a North Mississippi round up this coming spring.
Wieners, burgers, and bullets. A combo that can't be beat. Maybe some beer after the toys are put away.
Can out-of-staters attend if they can get themselves there? I LOVE Meet and Greets. I like meeting new people. I need to broaden my horizons. I've lived too many years raising kids and now I need to go out and have some FUN!!!

Old 02-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #14

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Can out-of-staters attend if they can get themselves there? I LOVE Meet and Greets. I like meeting new people. I need to broaden my horizons. I've lived too many years raising kids and now I need to go out and have some FUN!!!
Of course! We'd love to have you! Anyone who is near north Mississippi at the time can show up and you'll be welcomed with open arms! After all, we are the hospitality state!

Right now it's looking as if a nearby private range is the preferred meeting place, but I think it may still be up in the air a bit. If we have a good amount of people we may need to find another place altogether.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #15

Even though I am new to forum (mostly read threads) I would like to attend. My only concern is ample time to schedule in a weekend. Working two jobs gets pretty hectic.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #16

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrkGod454 View Post
Even though I am new to forum (mostly read threads) I would like to attend. My only concern is ample time to schedule in a weekend. Working two jobs gets pretty hectic.
I'm new myself man don't see why you couldn't come hell i read prolly out post replys 1 outta 20 thread i read. and as for time we'll try to get it planned enough in advance to let people know i was thinking may what bout you guys????

Old 02-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #17

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert999 View Post
Heya just called em still gotta talk to the owner about the outdoor range as it's mostly a member area though guy said since it'll be a group event should be to big of a problem. the indoor and skeet shooting wouldn't be a problem it's just all in the cost. Would prefer some land so we can do it for free but i think if i can talk him into lettin us use the outdoor range and we can keep it from a whole ton of people prolly under 15 we could get a deal on the outdoor for the day it's free for me and friend who are members. When owner gets in and i get more infor will let you know. As for scheduleing 3rd weekend of the month is they're cowboy shoots so that would be a bad time. other then that i'll check the classes schedule and we should be able to work something out.
Im game for mostly any time Im only about 25 min away from Darnalls

Old 02-24-2012, 01:32 AM   #18

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09
I recently moved to the C/U area and have been looking for a range, but the only one I can find is the tiny little Sadorus Gun Club.. Bloomington isn't too far, if the range is quality, I could probably make it work.
Welcome to the C/U area. I too live here. I've been to Darnell's, not to shot just to take a look. They were busy so u wasnt able to ask questions or look around the range much. The store part was very dirty and it looked like out dated gear.

I went there with some buddies last weekend after we left the ECA Gun Show. One buddy who has been the Bullet Express (BX) in Springfield said the BX was sooo much better.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using FirearmsTalk

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."

Old 02-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #19

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yeah I had heard about the BX in Springfield, but that's also a bit of a drive; might be worth taking a look at though. Is it public?

And as far as the date for the meet-n-greet, I'll need to know a decent length in advance so I can try to avoid conflicts with my drill schedule. And if we could find some private land that would be awesome too. Show off the toys, grill up some food, drink some beer..

Old 02-24-2012, 03:47 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
Yeah I had heard about the BX in Springfield, but that's also a bit of a drive; might be worth taking a look at though. Is it public?
Yes, i believe its more 'public' than Darnells is. Bigger too, from what my buddy was saying.

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."