Can we do this?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Can we do this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7181 Times on 4322 Posts
Likes Given: 8767

Default Can we do this?

I would love to organize a "Meet and Greet" for us Illinoisans. I don't know of a range that will let us hold a get together. Does anyone here have a private range or a chunk of land and would be willing to host a "Meet and Greet"? I would be willing to supply food and do the cooking if someone can supply a place to shoot.

What do you all say?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

That would be awesome, but I think finding a place we could go would be difficult as it is. Not to mention somehwere that is even somewhat in the middle of us all. The ranges I go to are a small private range for a gun club and a police handgun range. But the idea sounds fun.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That would be cool, though it seems most of IL members are up north i'm sure i could work something out with the range i go to. Darnells just outside of bloomington-normal it's basically in the middle of the state so theres that but as i said most members are up north so i don't know if people would be willing to come down here. LMK guys and i can talk to the range and see whats up they got an indoor, an outdoor, range and a trap and skeet shooting area. Not the biggest place but enough room for a good chunck of people

Old 02-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #4

What range is this you're talking about? I recently moved to the C/U area and have been looking for a range, but the only one I can find is the tiny little Sadorus Gun Club.. Bloomington isn't too far, if the range is quality, I could probably make it work.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #5

it's just past bloomington off route 9 heres the link if you guys wanna take a look
http://www.darnalls.com/

Old 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert999 View Post
That would be cool, though it seems most of IL members are up north i'm sure i could work something out with the range i go to. Darnells just outside of bloomington-normal it's basically in the middle of the state so theres that but as i said most members are up north so i don't know if people would be willing to come down here. LMK guys and i can talk to the range and see whats up they got an indoor, an outdoor, range and a trap and skeet shooting area. Not the biggest place but enough room for a good chunck of people
I have no problem driving a ways. I go visit Stalkingbear twice a year and it's a 6 hour drive and I don't mind it one bit.

Gert, the ranges look nice but will they let a bunch of us "non members" shoot there for an afternoon?

What would be ideal is if someone owns some land we could shoot on.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #7

doesn't look too bad. looks like a pretty well-kept range. any complaints?

Old 02-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #8

no pretty good range and i'm sure i could talk to em bout it, see if we can just reserve the whole range for a day. The ventalation in the indoor range could be better but it's not that bad. I got a friend whose place we shoot at but it's not big enough for lots of people and rifles are limited to one direction really. I'lll call them when i get off and see whats up i'm sure they'll at least try and work with me they're nice people. Oh and what time frame?? Month helps week helps more specific weekend would be the best but i'll talk to em first to see if they'll do it for us.

Last edited by Gert999; 02-23-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #9

Heya just called em still gotta talk to the owner about the outdoor range as it's mostly a member area though guy said since it'll be a group event should be to big of a problem. the indoor and skeet shooting wouldn't be a problem it's just all in the cost. Would prefer some land so we can do it for free but i think if i can talk him into lettin us use the outdoor range and we can keep it from a whole ton of people prolly under 15 we could get a deal on the outdoor for the day it's free for me and friend who are members. When owner gets in and i get more infor will let you know. As for scheduleing 3rd weekend of the month is they're cowboy shoots so that would be a bad time. other then that i'll check the classes schedule and we should be able to work something out.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Usually Spring or Fall is the best time. Not too hot, not too cold. Typically not more than 5 people or so show up, in my past experience, though 15 would be incredibly awesome.