Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Bow Hunting Champaign IL (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/bow-hunting-champaign-il-73516/)

krisko09 10-01-2012 07:24 PM

Bow Hunting Champaign IL

Anyone in the chambana area bow hunt? I'm itching to get started but don't have any buddies up here who hunt/know anything about bows.

Would like to buy a good (but cheap, im on a budget with a toddler around) starter bow and have somewhere to practice. Especially since there's no good firearm ranges around! :rollseyes:

purehavoc 10-02-2012 02:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hunt around the clinton lake area. Closed the deal tonight at 60 yards

krisko09 10-02-2012 02:50 AM

thats a ****in hell of a shot with a bow. Nice work my friend. And on opening day to boot.

purehavoc 10-02-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisko09 (Post 961033)
thats a ****in hell of a shot with a bow. Nice work my friend. And on opening day to boot.

Its not something I ever do. 40 is usually Max for me hunting but I do practice out to 60 yards and this was a unusual deal I was coming out of the woods and spotted 2 150 yards away across the bean field so I just ducked down and waited and she stopped and gave me a fabulous opportunity so I had to take it she was within 5 yards of where I shot her

krisko09 10-02-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purehavoc

Its not something I ever do. 40 is usually Max for me hunting but I do practice out to 60 yards and this was a unusual deal I was coming out of the woods and spotted 2 150 yards away across the bean field so I just ducked down and waited and she stopped and gave me a fabulous opportunity so I had to take it she was within 5 yards of where I shot her

Hell ya man. Congrats.

Buddy of mine at work got a button buck at 10 til 7 yesterday. Lung shot it, hit a rib apparently cuz the arrow exploded. He still hasn't found the broadhead though =S

purehavoc 10-02-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisko09 (Post 961323)
Hell ya man. Congrats.

Buddy of mine at work got a button buck at 10 til 7 yesterday. Lung shot it, hit a rib apparently cuz the arrow exploded. He still hasn't found the broadhead though =S

She gave me a open frontal shot so I put my 60 pin on her neck and it when thru her jug and into her spine dropping her immediately. She has pretty much bled out by the time I had taken my stuff to the truck and drove up the water way to her

astroman 10-02-2012 01:05 PM

excellent shooting there purehavoc - what are the harvest limits like up there? Seems like most places they are very liberal, including here in TN... like 3/day in middle TN for antlerless and 3 total for the season for antlered deer. Thats alot of meat that can go in the freezer...

purehavoc 10-02-2012 02:24 PM

2 antlered deer per yr total and unlimited does so long as you keep buying permits does are endless