The beginning of "getting it"
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > The beginning of "getting it"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 08:07 PM   #1
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8446 Times on 5048 Posts
Likes Given: 11003

Default The beginning of "getting it"

I hope this is the beginning of opening some eyes to the truth about conceal carry in the city of Chicago. We already had one guy lose his conceal carry license for brandishing. But here is the first (hopefully of many) positive stories of conceal carry. Let there please be more so the thugs will think twice before they go on their rampages. The citizens of Chicago are going to fight back!! And there will be no charges to those defending themselves legally.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-cops-no-charges-for-man-with-concealed-carry-permit-who-fired-at-armed-male-20140405,0,2472485.story

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

It is time for the citizens of Chicago to take their city back from the bad guys.

People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #3

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Good thread Winds... As an Illinois gal, It would be great of you to keep updating this with local "good shoot/armed citizens" stories from Chicago.

I'm certain there will be many more to come as citizens throw off the false yoke of Police Protection and see to their own security.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 09:22 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Hmmm..........just heard he missed both the bad guys. I think he needs more range time.
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

There are two things that bother me about this story, and neither one of them has anything to do with this man defending himself.

Quote:
After the shooting, police responded and determined that the man was shooting in self-defense. The man had a valid firearm owner's identification card, a valid concealed carry permit and police were able to determine that he had completed a required concealed carry class and was properly trained, Sullivan said.

If he was properly trained I would hope for at least one hit.

The man is not facing charges as police search for the two males, described as a tall male and a short male. Those two face charges.

A tall male and a short male? I would bet anything he was focused on the guns and not the thugs. That could easily explain the misses. This goes back to my training comment.
Anyway, my hat is off to the gentleman who successfully defended himself, and the the authorities that see this as a true case of self defense.
People Like This 
Old 04-05-2014, 09:40 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
There are two things that bother me about this story, and neither one of them has anything to do with this man defending himself.

Anyway, my hat is off to the gentleman who successfully defended himself, and the the authorities that see this as a true case of self defense.
It's a start for Chicago. They're heading in the right direction. This is going to turn the city around, I'm sure about that.

This was the news report the other day.........

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-2-wounded-in-separate-west-side-shootings-20140404,0,1187304.story

I have a feeling things are going to turn around in Chicago.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:01 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
It's a start for Chicago. They're heading in the right direction. This is going to turn the city around, I'm sure about that.

This was the news report the other day.........

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-2-wounded-in-separate-west-side-shootings-20140404,0,1187304.story

I have a feeling things are going to turn around in Chicago.
Admittedly, I don't pay a lot of attention to Chicago news, but I can say legal concealed carry has helped here in Florida. It's not going to be the minor miracle that many hope for, but it will make a difference. Jacksonville, which has nowhere near the population density of Chicago, is still getting around 100 murders a year.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #8
CGS

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
It is time for the citizens of Chicago to take their city back from the bad guys.
Well then they need to start with Rham, McCarthy, most of the Alderman, Cassidy, and the whole entire Machine.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGS View Post
Well then they need to start with Rham, McCarthy, most of the Alderman, Cassidy, and the whole entire Machine.
Well, yeah, but I was thinking the citizens of Chicago need to fight back against the thugs that rob, steal, rape, break into homes, etc. The politicians are a whole 'nother story.
Vincine Likes This 
Old 04-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 854 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 507

Its time the city of Chicago get rid of the libs!

Criminals, thugs and dopeheads-Do not tread on me or my family

keep your liberals at bay, so the eagle can pick them apart.