Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Batten down the hatches, the NATO summit is coming......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6957 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8363

ROFLMAO..........

I just told my oldest son who was at a hotel in downtown Chicago last night that the president is right now on a parade float singing "Danka Schoen" like that scene in Ferris Beuhler's Day Off (which is one of our favorite movies). Oldest son got all crazy excited and asked me what channel on TV I was seeing that on. I almost died laughing. Then we went on to put the prez in all kinds of other scenes on Ferris Beuhler's Day Off. It was good for a laugh.

Actually, in reality, so far very few incidences of violence. The police are doing a stellar job of keeping things under control and the protesters are behaving pretty well. Just a couple incidents of someone punching an officer. I hope this peaceful protesting continues to be peaceful. The horrors of the 1968 Democratic Convention keeps coming to mind. That was TERRIBLE.

Interesting enough......some of the infamous "Chicago Seven" went on to be Senators after they decided they might better be able to change things if they did it the 'proper' way.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:45 AM   #12

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

yep i used to live in bridgeport(terrible neighborhood btw ) me and my dad call it scumport. but the riots are going to be crazy. ill probably break out somepopcorn and my nikon and sit on a balcony laughing at the stupid protestors they were in bridgeport yelling f the police no justice no peace

Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6957 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8363

Actually, I think the NATO weekend in Chicago went as well as could be expected. The police practiced GREAT restraint under some difficult conditions.