Any stores with 9mm in illinois? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Any stores with 9mm in illinois?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Considering I had a few PMs already this morning, I'll post this as I was intending to. (To the person who didn't get a reply, your box is full - delete some messages.)

I wasn't looking for .22lr, just 9mm. It's going to be a hike for some, but desperate times, desperate measures. Good luck!

Gat Guns has just about everything in stock right now due to the factory shoot this past weekend. Two boxes per caliber per person per day though, so bring friends with FOIDS and mix and match

I took a run over to Marango after. Marango Gun Shop has some JMJ Smith ammo loaded out of Rockford. Anyone heard of it or shot it? JMJ looks like they have a good small business going from their website. I picked up 100 rds of their 9MM Luger, 115g – LeadRN (1100fps), just to see how it shoots. The gun shop says it's good stuff.

Dale's Gun Shop had some with Sellier & Bellor with a 200 round limit.

Please be respectful to these shops and their employees. Their phones are ringing off the hook, so being polite, quick and concise I'm sure will help them help you. It is what it is, and they have what they have. Gat is fairly local for me and anyone who's been there knows how it works, but the two shops in Marango were very friendly and had quite a few new and used rifles, some shotguns and some new and used handguns.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #12

Liked 135 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by draggin10s View Post
Great answer Chance! I live in the People's Republic of Illinois as well! I have built a relationship with an FFL and he gets me the ammo I need at a reasonable price because I have brought him other business! Relationships matter! Mega is a nice store but their Friendliness level seems to have gone down a bit since all this gun ban stuff started. Just my 2 cents.
you're right on...Mega has been recently noted to have become very selective to whom they sell to and to have quite the cold shoulder with respect to black rifle sales to customers. My opinion is if you're worried about you're own ability to conduct business within the law, why the hell did you get yourself an FFL in the first place?

as far as I'm concerned now, MegaSports....MegaBlows, I'll be giving my cash to other LGS's in the area.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

If you got decent pricing and good service then that store deserves recognition and your recommendation I see no problems with that! Like I said relationships mean everything to all of us. If we find a 'Good Guy" why not tell the world. He will appreciate it!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 81 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 15

GAT Has Skids / Pallets of ammo in all flavors, including 9mm, from their Grand Re-Opening.

Unfortunately, it's limited to two boxes per caliber, per day (at least for now).

In general, they appear to be recovering from the panic buying, and also have a wall full of evil weapons in 5.56, .308, popular gauges, and "other."

Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 PM   #15

Liked 135 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmac View Post
GAT Has Skids / Pallets of ammo in all flavors, including 9mm, from their Grand Re-Opening.

Unfortunately, it's limited to two boxes per caliber, per day (at least for now).

In general, they appear to be recovering from the panic buying, and also have a wall full of evil weapons in 5.56, .308, popular gauges, and "other."
i haven't had a chance to get out to GATS lately, did they expand the parking area with the new addition at all? i was told that used to be a pizza place before they bought the building....

Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
PGM
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 40 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I have about 200 rounds reloaded.(9mm)Could pull and customize if loads are too warm. 300 brass +4 die set,(9mm) i had for a uzi i sold.Normally i would donate to a friend but i need 45.70 dies and other supplies.And wifeys watching the card.I have other dies for calibers i dont have any more too(375 rcbs) and mucho brass and bullets.Thought id try even for a swap(45.70dies)that are missing.[IMG]

BFR 4570 b

[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #17

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Gat has alot of ammo. I went there like 2 weeks ago they had almost everything except 9mm

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 81 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
i haven't had a chance to get out to GATS lately, did they expand the parking area with the new addition at all? i was told that used to be a pizza place before they bought the building....
Yes! Lots more parking; they expanded towards the front (towards Rt25) and some to the South.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #19

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Anywhere near Champaign?

Old 03-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #20

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisko09 View Post
Anywhere near Champaign?
Have you tried Ron's or Dave's? Maybe White Dog in Arcola or Atwood Armory in Atwood.

"Everything that man designs carries with in it the seeds of its own destruction."

-------------

"One thing history shows us is that Man does not learn anything from Our past. And maybe that is the biggest lesson we should learn from history."