Any active ar shooters near Chicago?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > Any active ar shooters near Chicago?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Any active ar shooters near Chicago?

Hey guys. I grew up on the south side and Ive bern at our farm in Wi for the last 10 years since our home burnt. But I'll be going Depaul for college and I have an ar snd I'm just getting into ar building. I know I can't havesn ar in the city so my guns will be in lemont. But are there any AR guys around that I can meet up and shoot and bs with?

I hunt and shoot quite a bit. Its gonna be a huge transition from the middle of nowhere Paradise I'm at now haha.

Id like to get into an indoor shooting league too. I have a lot of Smiths, rugers, and 2 kimbers. I'm looking at getting a 9mm so I can afford to shoot somewhat more and competitively.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #2

Yo. I live in lemont. Got a few guns myself. None of my friends are into them tho. Let's set somethin up.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #3

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I live in Chicago and almost went to Depaul (was admitted but didn't want to pay the price ). I usually shoot on a weekly basis but living in Chicago I never got into semi automatic rifles. The day I'm out of the city I'm definitely building an AR

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Last edited by 2ndAmendmentFreedom; 04-21-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom
I live in Chicago and almost went to Depaul (was admitted but didn't want to pay the price ). I usually shoot on a weekly basis but living in Chicago I never got into semi automatic rifles. The day I'm out of the city I'm definitely building an AR
Haha yeah its pretty pricey, my mother works there and in a year I'll get free tuition, pretty awesome perk. But I'll be going to siue for my freshman year.

My mom just retired from CPD but idk if she can have an ar being retired. So I'll just be keeping some guns in a safe in lemont so I can't get into trouble.

Where's the closest rifle range near chicago?

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

Old 04-22-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 714 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 860

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
Where did you end up going. I was at IIT in the late 80's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 View Post
Haha yeah its pretty pricey, my mother works there and in a year I'll get free tuition, pretty awesome perk. But I'll be going to siue for my freshman year.

My mom just retired from CPD but idk if she can have an ar being retired. So I'll just be keeping some guns in a safe in lemont so I can't get into trouble.

Where's the closest rifle range near chicago?

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams
Sweet deal on the tuition, good for you. My first BIL was CPD too.

Safe call on the Lemont deal.

My range might be a little far for you and it is an outdoor range,
but it is very nice. I also suggest you get an Illinois FOID card.

http://www.isra.org/range/

BTW, I hunt over by Hixton and Millston.

"I am prepared are you?" -- Shade

"Regulation, registration, confiscation, domination, that's the Progressive agenda." -- RED Caddy

Last edited by Shade; 04-22-2012 at 04:23 PM.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Where did you end up going. I was at IIT in the late 80's.

Sweet deal on the tuition, good for you. My first BIL was CPD too.

Safe call on the Lemont deal.

My range might be a little far for you and it is an outdoor range,
but it is very nice. I also suggest you get an Illinois FOID card.

http://www.isra.org/range/

BTW, I hunt over by Hixton and Millston.
In the process, I already have the application filled out and my IL license but I have to go and get my picture taken for the foid card