Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Illinois Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/)
-   -   Any active ar shooters near Chicago? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f126/any-active-ar-shooters-near-chicago-59341/)

Wi_Hunter556 03-03-2012 04:33 PM

Any active ar shooters near Chicago?
 
Hey guys. I grew up on the south side and Ive bern at our farm in Wi for the last 10 years since our home burnt. But I'll be going Depaul for college and I have an ar snd I'm just getting into ar building. I know I can't havesn ar in the city so my guns will be in lemont. But are there any AR guys around that I can meet up and shoot and bs with?

I hunt and shoot quite a bit. Its gonna be a huge transition from the middle of nowhere Paradise I'm at now haha.

Id like to get into an indoor shooting league too. I have a lot of Smiths, rugers, and 2 kimbers. I'm looking at getting a 9mm so I can afford to shoot somewhat more and competitively.

kasper89 04-21-2012 03:38 AM

Yo. I live in lemont. Got a few guns myself. None of my friends are into them tho. Let's set somethin up.

2ndAmendmentFreedom 04-21-2012 10:12 PM

I live in Chicago and almost went to Depaul (was admitted but didn't want to pay the price :) ). I usually shoot on a weekly basis but living in Chicago I never got into semi automatic rifles. The day I'm out of the city I'm definitely building an AR :)

Wi_Hunter556 04-22-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom
I live in Chicago and almost went to Depaul (was admitted but didn't want to pay the price :) ). I usually shoot on a weekly basis but living in Chicago I never got into semi automatic rifles. The day I'm out of the city I'm definitely building an AR :)

Haha yeah its pretty pricey, my mother works there and in a year I'll get free tuition, pretty awesome perk. But I'll be going to siue for my freshman year.

My mom just retired from CPD but idk if she can have an ar being retired. So I'll just be keeping some guns in a safe in lemont so I can't get into trouble.

Where's the closest rifle range near chicago?

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

Shade 04-22-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom (Post 778139)
I live in Chicago and almost went to Depaul (was admitted but didn't want to pay the price :) ). I usually shoot on a weekly basis but living in Chicago I never got into semi automatic rifles. The day I'm out of the city I'm definitely building an AR :)

Where did you end up going. I was at IIT in the late 80's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wi_Hunter556 (Post 778755)
Haha yeah its pretty pricey, my mother works there and in a year I'll get free tuition, pretty awesome perk. But I'll be going to siue for my freshman year.

My mom just retired from CPD but idk if she can have an ar being retired. So I'll just be keeping some guns in a safe in lemont so I can't get into trouble.

Where's the closest rifle range near chicago?

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams

Sweet deal on the tuition, good for you. My first BIL was CPD too.

Safe call on the Lemont deal.

My range might be a little far for you and it is an outdoor range,
but it is very nice. I also suggest you get an Illinois FOID card.

http://www.isra.org/range/

BTW, I hunt over by Hixton and Millston.

Wi_Hunter556 04-23-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shade
Where did you end up going. I was at IIT in the late 80's.

Sweet deal on the tuition, good for you. My first BIL was CPD too.

Safe call on the Lemont deal.

My range might be a little far for you and it is an outdoor range,
but it is very nice. I also suggest you get an Illinois FOID card.

http://www.isra.org/range/

BTW, I hunt over by Hixton and Millston.

In the process, I already have the application filled out and my IL license but I have to go and get my picture taken for the foid card

The Constitution shall never be construed … to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. –Samuel Adams


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:36 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.