Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Illinois Gun Forum > 85 Yes and 30 no on concealed carry vote...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #11
CGS
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
That bill is crap , As a Illinois resident I do not want it . Its to limited on where you can and cant carry , 16 hrs of training is ridiculous . 3 hrs of training for a renewal , $300 for a 5 year permit and $150 renewal . Background checks that are already done in the FOID process , why would they need done again. This bill will keep the average person from ccw . Single moms and elderly on fixed income wont likely be able to afford it or the 16 hr training alone . I don't see any reciprocity in the bill for current ccw licensed people .
Crap, crap, crap !!!!!!!!!! Dont just say well atleast we have something , we deserve a better program
We do deserve better, but we could have gotten ALOT worse. I remained neutral on this bill. Man, I didn't want THIS bill, the people who negotiated the bill (plus nemuerous previous bills) were very adamant about the fact this it very very likely would never go to the "cliff". The fact that the NRA, and ISRA, and IllinoisCarry and Todd V remained neutral speaks volumes.

I'm willing to accept this bill in the short term, and no doubt IllinoisCarry and ISRA will continues over the next few years to work at improving this bill. We can go on the offensive and constantly introduce amendments to improve the bill.

I half did and half didn't want this bill to pass. I did not file a witness slip on this bill for the first time since I have been following the issue. But now that CC is "half way there" as Brandon Phelps said, I have decided just to accept it and make the best of it and work towards improving it however I can.

I look at it like this, we won a major victory, but experienced heavy casualties in doing so. In short, the war to protect our gun rights isn't over, and never will be.

-Thomas
NRA Life Member, ISRA Member, American Gunsmith Institute Certified, NRA Instructor, State of IL authorized Carry Concealed Instructor http://www.chicagogunsmith.com
http://www.firearmtrainingchicago.com

Last edited by CGS; 05-25-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #12

Liked 192 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Madigan as much as told the NRA and the ISRA, he wanted this bill to pass, and that meant they had to get their asses out of the room. There are pols in Illinois that will oppose anything with pro gun lobby fingerprints on it, and as it is, they are still smelling them and they don't like it. The House will be back in session Sunday afternoon. Until then there is a whole lot of backroom knuckling by Madigan goons with the other guys necktie twisted in their hand.

Old 05-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #13

Liked 156 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Shall issue

Statewide pre-emption of all gun laws

Commercially available training

Vehicles will be a safe haven

However, the bill does call for:

16 hours of training, although some previous training will count toward those hours

$150.00 license fee, for five years

Carry on mass transportation prohibited

Those are the details from the isra

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.