Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Idaho Gun Forum > Moving to Idaho

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #11
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2699 Times on 1853 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPistol
When I first moved to Oregon 30 years ago car bumpers were loaded with "Don't Californicate Oregon" stickers. They did it anyway. They f'd up one of the most beautiful states in the union (Calif), and when even they couldn't stand it anymore they came to Oregon. Now that they've done the same thing here, they are branching out. I have been considering other states to live in and am disappointed that Idaho may not make the list. Texas is starting to go "that way" also.

The "state" that is appealing to me is the potential new state of North Colorado. A state for the last true pioneers.
Miss P: same bumper stickers here in Az.

Nicky: if you don't mind me asking where in NYC? I grew up near Pelham parkway and Allerton Av.,..and also lived in Riverdale, marble hill, Inwood, Astoria Qns, and from 7/03 until 1/3/12 in Hicksville LI...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1720 Times on 1243 Posts
Likes Given: 1966

Default Pessimist....................

Good luck finding your dream home, eventually someone working for the Gubment will come along and take it away...............Try Alaska............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #13
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2699 Times on 1853 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Anna: Island Park is also a town on Long Island Ny, most noted as the birthplace and home of former Sen. Alphonse D'Amato, and one of the towns ravaged by Sandy...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 07-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #14

Thanks guys, lots of input here. I thought about Oregon/WA at first, then I seen a couple congressman make fools of themselves and ruined the aura for me. Im liking MT but i read theres alot of dem/libs their, same with CO. Someone got me looking into AZ, as long as its not in the barren desert. I need to get out of the northeast, and southern humidity would kill me, so would TX heat. This is my checklist:
#1: Republican/Consrv (at least 70%)
#2: Firearm freedom
#3: Mountain/Forest Land
#4: I no this is difficult, but the FUTURE of #1 and #2

I no the places that make this list are slowly disappearing but I have faith the tide will turn one day...after King-O has gone away. thanks again guys

Old 07-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #15

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I have been in Idaho a long time, send me a PM if you need details about middle and southern Idaho. Eastern has the Tetons, central has Sun Valley, and the west is Snake River. If you want to retire and just not deal with all that crap, this is it. You can be hidden and in an hours drive be on plane to all the place we all hate. I live in heaven

Old 08-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #16

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

The southern part of Idaho down around Boise Pocatello etc has large valleys and sage brush and lots of farm land where the potatoes are grown. This is also where the large Mormon populations are and always have been.
The northern part where I live up in the panhandle has very little to no farm land having small valleys and steep mountains. The main industry here is mining and logging.
There many lakes and rivers to fish and most land past city limits is forest service and open to the public.
Riding four wheelers and dirt bikes or jeeps etc Snowmobiles in winter, there are hundreds of miles or primitive roads some going straight mountain sides to take you miles into the mountains to lakes and rivers or for hunting.
A few years ago Californians came here in droves but that has eased and easterners are coming now.
Most settle in around Coeur D Alene and the surrounding small towns around it. Most of the natives have moved in this area and most people you encounter will be from Ca or north easterners.
Spokane Washington is a ten minute drive from this area. If you want to get out and away on the edge of wilderness you can go east about 15 minutes over a pass and drop into a area called the silver valley where the silver mines are and tiny towns that are along I-90 and end at the Montana border. It is 45 miles across the panhandle.
Living in the silver valley you can spend time in Montana as well being close to the Bob Marshall wilderness are etc.
Growing up here I spent as much time in Montana as I did in Idaho.
Open carry is common and there are many guns stores and gun shows in the surrounding towns and large ones in Spokane Washington.
Land is cheap here as well as homes. There is a lot of lake front property as well with many lakes here.
There are ranges all over for shooting and A sporting goods place here called black sheep that had ammo during the last shortage as well as this one. 22 LR was about the only shortage here.
There are griz bear here and they have come into town in the silver valley tow of them shot from yards in the last three years.
So keep in mind in the woods here make sure your carrying something more powerful than your deer rifle from back east.
Chances are slim being attacked but there is s chance.
Black bear are every where and you can kill two a year and many go up around 500 pounds and a few are aggressive but for the most part run off if you come across them.
Moose are every where and you have to draw for a tag so they are over running every thing.
Elk season has been cut to tow weeks because of the wolf depredation on the herds.
You can hunt white tail and mule deer here as well as wolves and a large population of cougars to hunt.
Both blue and ruffle grouse and pheasant as well as duck and goose hunting.
The temperatures here in winter rarely get below zero buit snow fall can be a lot snowing three feet over night etc.The valleys being narrow and protected by the mountains there is little wind for blizzards so they are not a problem.
I used to drive truck long haul years ago and have been all over upstate newyork in winter and its way colder out there than here.
Come on out you will love it here.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #17

Liked 16 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Default Welcome to the Heartland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky308 View Post
Thats fine with me, as long as they dont try to tell me what I can eat like my mayor in NY lol literally. Ive done lots of research and Idaho makes the most sense i think. I looked at houses but I see lots of flat open land, id rather thick woods. Taking a trip soon to scope it out

Welcome to the Heartland.

I think you'll like it here.

Cnon

Old 11-22-2013, 04:37 AM   #18

Liked 1394 Times on 729 Posts
Likes Given: 1919

We need more conservatives in Alberta. There's been a lot of liberals sneakin' in after dark and they will ruin the place. Just sayin.........if you were looking for a bigger move.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #19

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Why would an American looking for freedom move to Canada. The only Americans to do that were Draft dodgers 50 years ago.