Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Idaho Gun Forum > Moving to id

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Moving to id

Im moving my family to boise area (nampa) for work so I decided to youtube some nampa videos to see the area and a bunch of gang videos pop up is this a bad place to live? We are coming from phx AZ I dont see how it could be worse just wondering if we are making a good decision.? Any comments would be great thank you. By the way the whole family LOVES shooting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-27-2012, 03:36 AM   #2

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Boise, Nampa, Meridian, Caldwell is all a five minute drive from each other. Good parts and bad parts. If you piss off your neighbor, you have to remember he like's to shoot as well. We have wolves here, the strong will survive.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #3

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

I would suspect that the gang activity of Idaho is substantially less than that of AZ

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 09-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #4

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I would suspect that the gang activity of Idaho is substantially less than that of AZ
what neighborhood ?????

Old 10-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj
Look around better the gangs in Boise are growing and the Mexican Cartels are recruiting these gangs for drug distribution trust me, if one thing I know the streets and have been researching all this.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire View Post
what neighborhood ?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointblank871 View Post
Look around better the gangs in Boise are growing and the Mexican Cartels are recruiting these gangs for drug distribution trust me, if one thing I know the streets and have been researching all this.
you two have to be kidding right? Is this a replay of Vanilla Ice claiming he grew up in the hood?

don't get me wrong I won't discount your word that Idaho has some gang activity but if you think you have it at the scale of a say someplace like Phoenix AZ or Miami FL or Forth Worth TX I would suggest you get in your car and take a road trip to those cities

seriously guys, a few wannabe punks with their hats on sideways and their boxers showing doesn't constitute gang activity. You wanna see gang activity ... go to east LA CA, or Brockton MA, or the Bronx ... walk around ... at night ... you'll see what gang activity is!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 10-04-2012, 12:59 PM   #7

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
you two have to be kidding right? Is this a replay of Vanilla Ice claiming he grew up in the hood?

don't get me wrong I won't discount your word that Idaho has some gang activity but if you think you have it at the scale of a say someplace like Phoenix AZ or Miami FL or Forth Worth TX I would suggest you get in your car and take a road trip to those cities

seriously guys, a few wannabe punks with their hats on sideways and their boxers showing doesn't constitute gang activity. You wanna see gang activity ... go to east LA CA, or Brockton MA, or the Bronx ... walk around ... at night ... you'll see what gang activity is!
Hey easy on the Vanilla Ice comment the burbs are tough...lol I don't know anything about ID but I grew up as a white guy in a black and Hispanic neighborhood in Miami. Life was fun growing up , I think you'll be okay in ID just look at the crime stats and pick the best area.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Hey easy on the Vanilla Ice comment the burbs are tough...lol I don't know anything about ID but I grew up as a white guy in a black and Hispanic neighborhood in Miami. Life was fun growing up , I think you'll be okay in ID just look at the crime stats and pick the best area.
NYC starting busing in troubled and gang kids to our schools when I was in Junior High. They were punks ... each and every one ... even when they came in groups of 2,3,4 or 5 ... they were nothing but punks. Until people start to see armed gangbangers sitting on street corners in broad daylight than they will know nothing of gang related activity

Take a gangbanger out of the hood and into the wood and he is lost. Take a woodsman out of the wood and into the hood and he will survive

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

My AR458SOCOM Build

vincent Likes This 
Old 10-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

I'm born raised in Chicago and lived their for 45 years and was involved in gang relations with the Chicago PD, I have been to Camden NJ, Detroit MI, and Flint MI, which are considered the most dangerous cities in the US. The problem is people just don't know or look around for the gangs, Take a look at this compiled from Idaho Sheriff Dept.
BOISE CITY-NAMPA METRO AREA

SURENOS 13 GANGS

* Brown Magic Clique 13 (Boise, Nampa & Caldwell) * East Side Locos 13 (Caldwell & Nampa) * Lost Soul Trece 13 (Nampa) * South Side Aztecas 13 * South Side Clique 13 (Boise) * South Side Diablos 13 * South Side Locos 13 (Nampa) * South Side Soldados 13 (Caldwell & Nampa) * West Side Varrio Loma Locos 13 (Caldwell & Nampa) * West Side 18th Street (Payette County)

Shatto Park Locos

NORTENOS 14 GANGS

* Caldwell Norte Villains 14 * North Side Nampa 14

Big Tyme Tiny Toons Locos

* Varrio Campo Locos 14 (Caldwell) * Warlords 14

OTHER GANGS

* Boise Bench Crew * East Side Bounty Hunter Bloods (Boise & Meridian) * West Coast Bloods (Boise) * Black Gangster Disciples

EASTERN IDAHO (Idaho Falls, Pocatello, Blackfoot, Rexburg and Fort Hall)

* Budweiser Crew 13 * Brother Klick * Gangsters In Blue/ Gibson Indian Ballers * Varrio Crips * West Side Crip Villains

Sick Insane Crip Crazy (SICC)

* Money Over Bitches (Bloods) * Native Gangster Bloods

SOUTH CENTRAL IDAHO (Twin Falls, Jerome, Burley, Hailey and Gooding)

* Brown Pride Surenos 13 * Burley Surenos 13 * Heyburn Ese 13 * South Side 13 * Tiny Wino Surenos 13 * Varrio Campo Locos 14

IDAHO PANHANDLE (Northern Region) (Coeur d' Alene, Moscow, Lewiston, Sandpoint and Hayden)

* Red Boyz 14 * Surenos 13 * Blocc Hustler Crips

OTHER GANGS (These are names of other gangs located in Idaho, but I do not know what region they are active in.)

BLOOD GANGS

* Loco Bloods (Native Americans) * Members of Bloods (Southern Idaho) * Original Blood Brothers (Southern Idaho) * United Blood Nation * West Side Bloods

CRIP GANGS

* East Side Crips * Rollin 60's Neighborhood Crips * TRU Crips

HYBRID GANGS

* 32 Mafia * American Outlaws * Border Brothers * Fresno Bulldogs * North Francis Pimps

Old 10-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #10

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113
I think you'll be okay in ID just look at the crime stats and pick the best area.
www.familywatchdog.us is suppose to be another great site.