Gun owners march to the Idaho Capitol in support of 2nd Amendment

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Idaho Gun Forum > Gun owners march to the Idaho Capitol in support of 2nd Amendment

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2014, 03:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 169

Default Gun owners march to the Idaho Capitol in support of 2nd Amendment

BOISE -- More than 100 people marched to the Statehouse Monday in an effort to strengthen Idaho's support for gun owners.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/politics/Gun-owners-march-to-the-Idaho-Capitol-in-support-of-2nd-Amendment--240017261.html

Cnon

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-15-2014, 04:46 AM   #2

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

That is the reason Idaho has good gun laws. The gun owners are pro-active. You never see gun owners in New York marching on their State House. Blue state gun owners need to put some Boots on the ground.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #3

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1878

this is the type of action that will secure our rights.

emails and letters to representatives are OK. joining gun PAC's is OK.

in the end, hitting the pavement makes a statement nothing else could. imagine the results if this were THOUSANDS constantly (that would be easy as there are a few million gun owners). and every time the gun grabbing states passed ludicrous laws there were thousands of protesters on the streets.

british taxation.. civil rights movement. vietnam war. these things were not changed by people complaining through letters or emails or forums. in the end, standing on the streets against the opposition is what got it done.

glad to see it. hope we see more of it. unfortunately, i don't expect to. we have come to an age (i sadly include myself here).....where comfort and material possessions have become more important than freedoms.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #4

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
That is the reason Idaho has good gun laws. The gun owners are pro-active. You never see gun owners in New York marching on their State House. Blue state gun owners need to put some Boots on the ground.
exactly!!!! they are the ones who need to be marching more than anyone else. no one else is going to do it for them.....

Old 01-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2037 Times on 1065 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnon View Post
BOISE -- More than 100 people marched to the Statehouse Monday in an effort to strengthen Idaho's support for gun owners.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/politics/Gun-owners-march-to-the-Idaho-Capitol-in-support-of-2nd-Amendment--240017261.html

Cnon
those folks need to keep marching until they hit Denver.......

Old 02-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Wow. First, let me say that I am a native New Yorker. I lived in Idaho from 1991 to 2010. I consider Idaho my home and desperately want to return. The last thing I ever wanted to do was leave Idaho. I had to leave Idaho because of loosing my job. I had to unfortunately move back to New York. This state changed A LOT in the years I was gone.

People think we sit back and take this gun control crap from our politicians. The entire state is controlled by New York City. If you don't live here, you can never understand how bad it is. Upstate New York is more like Idaho in it's politics.

When the SAFE act was passed, hundreds of rallies were held across the state. Grassroots organizations sprung up across the state. The rallies may have died down a bit, but they are beginning to start up again this election year.

This is just a small example of the marches that have been going on here. Trust me, we are fighting. It's difficult when the rest of the country thinks New Yorkers don't care. Nothing could be farther from the truth.

2nd Amendment rally on the state capital.

Damage caused to capital grounds From gun rally.
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Keep-off-the-Capitol-Park-grass-4401434.php#photo-4409179photo-4409179

Last edited by coolbreez67; 02-05-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Added link.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

You are incorrect in your assessment of New York gun owners. Do your research.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here's another example. Soon after the SAFE act was passed, local city and town legislators passed resolutions opposing the safe act. Although the votes don't hold much water, it is an indication that the state legislators went against public opinion. A price they will surly pay in November. Most of the Sherriff's in the state have refused to enforce the SAFE act. Cuomo has even gone as far as threatening to use state law to remove those sheriffs from office. The basically dared him to do it. unfortunately NY does not have the option of recall elections like Colorado. But we will make our voices heard on election day.

shining-star-map-14-may-13.jpg  

Old 02-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #9

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Coolbreeze 57, My point is where are the "Boots" on the ground? Where are the Pro-Gun marches and protest? I never see anyone in New York protesting at your capital? I would say your Pro-Gun voting record is not very effective. The Sheriffs will not enforce gun laws? What about your State and Local Police and the BATFE? Have they also quit?

Old 02-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Coolbreeze 57, My point is where are the "Boots" on the ground? Where are the Pro-Gun marches and protest? I never see anyone in New York protesting at your capital? I would say your Pro-Gun voting record is not very effective. The Sheriffs will not enforce gun laws? What about your State and Local Police and the BATFE? Have they also quit?

Apparently you FAILED to look at the links I provided above, in post #6. Go look at the links. I will await your response. Local police and prosecutors in most jurisdictions outside of the city are against this law. No one outside of NY understands how much of a strangle hold the city has on this state.

Last edited by coolbreez67; 02-05-2014 at 02:47 PM.