Shooting newbie
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Georgia Gun Forum > Shooting newbie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shooting newbie

Hello from Banks County in NE GA. Bought my first gun in 15 years yesterday, a Ruger 10-22, synthetic stock, factory fiber optic sights for introducing our daughter to shooting. I hope to buy a Glock 19 in a few weeks. Looking forward to finally becoming the shooting enthusiast I've always wanted to be. It's never too late to start I hope.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2012, 02:14 AM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. The 10/22 is a very dependable and solid rifle. And going with the glock 19 isn't a bad choice either

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 03-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooterfan1974 View Post
Hello from Banks County in NE GA. Bought my first gun in 15 years yesterday, a Ruger 10-22, synthetic stock, factory fiber optic sights for introducing our daughter to shooting. I hope to buy a Glock 19 in a few weeks. Looking forward to finally becoming the shooting enthusiast I've always wanted to be. It's never too late to start I hope.
Welcome back to the shooting sports Shooterfan and no worries, it's never too late

Old 03-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #4

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Welcome and congrats!

(And I recommend against "shooting newbies")

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #5

Just to update everyone, purchased my Glock 19 Gen 3 2 Saturdays ago. Been to the range 1x and wish I could go every day. Bought an extra mag and handmade leather holster today at an Eastman's Gun Show. Hoping to head to the range tomorrow afternoon with the 10-22, Glock 19, daughter, and brother in law.

image-1551071684.jpg   image-2192477536.jpg  

Old 03-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Have fun with that .. Missed the opportunity to go to the local range this past weekend cause I was finishing a couple rifles for a client.. Really want to get out more before it starts getting too hot

Old 03-22-2012, 02:52 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 65 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Getting into the shooting sport can be very costly, every time I turn around I find another gun I want, I tell my wife it is all in keeping us safe. Enjoy and be safe. Heading up to Dillard in a couple of weeks just to go eat at the Dillard House.

My readings of history convinces me that most bad government results from to much government.....Thomas Jefferson
Being Ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn............Benjamin Franklin
If Barack Obama is the answer, the how damn stupid was the question.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:08 AM   #8

Holster looks nicely done. Start shooting IDPA / IPSC and you will be hooked for life.